When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Hublot Trio

Donerix 2.0

Having a little of a Hublot-trip going on. Today's arrivals:
Ice Bang Lite from Supermirrors
Big Bang Earl Grey RG from Perfect Clones
Big Bang King 44mm from Puretime

Sorry for the bad iPhone pics. Have to go and get a new camera tomorrow, my good old Canon G10 finally died :(

HBB-group1-2.jpg

All of the rep straps sucked the big one with the plain rubber on the Ice Bang being the worst (smells like moth balls). The gummy croc on the Earl Grey looked like somebody took a photo of croc hide and glued it in there. The ribbed rubber on the BBK is actually acceptable, but - as on the other two as well - the clasp is not very well made. There must be a better clasp out there. I have seen and touched one.

So I decided to change out the straps right away:

HBB-group2-2.jpg

HBB-group3-2.jpg

First impressions:
Earl Grey: I am not a huge fan of gold watches per se, but I think I will like this one a lot better once I install my black brushed ceramic bezel. The watch feels solid, chrono functions work well. Blue tint on the AR is definitely noticeable and a bit of a turn off. 

HBB-EG-RG-3.jpg

Big Bang King 44mm: This one I ordered as my new daily beater and hopefully water watch (we will see how that works out...). Heavy solid feel, I really like the solid caseback. Seconds hand has a bit of a stutter. Strong blue tint on the AR. Good lume. I think I might order the version from Kurvasit that comes with the CF dial and the red seconds hand. All iin all I am pretty happy though.

HBBKL1-2.jpg

Ice Bang: This one takes the cake. While being the least expensive of all three and feeling just a tad lighter and the chrono pushers have a different feel (but not uncomfortable or cheap), this one IMHO looks the best and has no tint in the AR at all.

HIB1-2.jpg

I am no expert of Hublot watches so I can make no remarks regarding the accuracy of the watches. But all in all these watches feel very well made and definitely above the average replica fare.
  • Like 1

The chukka (Chukker) strap looks great mate..you did a great job matching it to the gen colour... great job.. :)

But for me the EG strap dont work on the EG.... too dark for my taste against the grey and RG... but I like the style of it...especially that inner groove :)

• 3 months later...