When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I am planning an exciting build......

dutchguy2

Ever heard of the Great White? Sure you did... SmallMarkjpg.jpg I am planning to build it as good as possible with as many gen parts as I can find. What do I gave allready: Gen movement, but it is an coaxial GMT movement Gen dial Gen crystal Gen crown and tube What I still need is: Donor watch, I asked Toro and Angus if they can source one. Hands, but maybe I can use those of the donor watch (when ETA) and relume them. Bezel insert Anyone have experience in building this? Any thing I should be aware of? Verstuurd van mijn GT-P7300 met Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

That dial looks awesome dutchguy, you need a good closed case for that, which are hard to find. I have one but it has gen parts in it so reluctant to sell. If I see one I will keep you posted. Where did you get the gen movement? btw you may already have seen but Cousins sell the full case sets @ £400 ex vat, bloody expensive but gen parts require a good case. If any of the dealers can get you a good case let me know :)

Opps, forgot yeah, the GMT's have no He. Would've been a lot easier for us if omega made all smp cases without He valves :) I wonder what the cheap gmt smp cases are like on sites like cqout and those places, some seem very bad, others no worse than from the dealers. Some need proper finishing though. God smp cases are really dire at the moment.

http://www.cqout.com/item.asp?id=16040278

Edited by cougar1

• 2 weeks later...