When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Shipping time from texas to canada

mymanmatt

I sent a pkg from Dallas Tx, to Canada nov 27th. That evening it showed where it was posted and sent to sorting center. Since then there have been no updates. I went to the post office to ck why, and he said priority mail does not update untill it reaches Canadian customs. He said it takes between 6-10 working days, not including wekends, for that to happen, maybe longer. Has anyone else experienced slow shipping from the US to Canada. What should I expect

• 5 weeks later...

Matt.

shipping to Canada is slower than shipping to almost anywhere in Europe!! I have shipped many packages to Canada, andi am amazed as to how slow the mail service is. i believe that the bottleneck is Canadian Customs. They are so darn obsessed with extracting every cent of import duty, they microscopically scrutinize every package,. I can send a package to Canada USPS Express mail, which would be overnight to any destination in the USA, probably 3-4 days to anywhere in Europe, and I guarantee it will take 10 -15 days to reach the recipient in Canada. 

I generally ship Priority Mail, but the cost has gotten so close, it's only a few dollars more to ship Express mail. Tracking is always problematic with the USPS. I sent and Express Mail package to Canada on Wednesday (2nd). The next day it showed  

MIAMI, FL, USA
Thursday, January 3, 2013 4:47 PM
PROCESSED THROUGH SORT FACILITY

I doubt that I will see anything else until I get and email from the recipient notifying me that the package has arrived. Have patience, it will show up.