When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A buyer vs dealer perspective: crazy sales...

Rolexman

So to start of. This is not a dealer rant or a dealer endorsement. Just want to translate some recent events and experiences to some business and consumer logics...

As a long time and loyal customer of Andrew I bought literally hundreds of reps from him. Dating way back to 04/05 in the early days of RWG I. Communication, delivery and after sales are always perfect....and the price more or less at market standard. So no reason to switch dealers right?

Well I did. Over the years, like every other consumer, I now and than get persuaded by some deals that seem to good to be true. Let's call them " crazy sales". Great watches for cheap @ss dollars...

My first 'adultery' was with Paul (who remembers Abay Paul :D)... We all know how that ended. He collected a lot of payments and in the end he was not able to meet the demand. Resulting in members paying for something they never received. I being one of them...

Flash forward some years and there is PresigeWatchCo (aka Robert). Again some great watches for really steep prices. I fell for it. This guy got me so mad I almost committed a replica sin and filed a PayPal dispute. You can find the thread here somewhere. I eventually got the watch but the saving didn't compensate for all the trouble and head ache.....

So, now once again I saw Toro's crazy x-mas sales. Like a sucker I fell for it....again. I ordered two watches one hour after he uploaded the watches and than the madness began. Payment info followed very quickly (as always). After payment almost dead silence. Received some QC pics of one watch after some time and after much persistence got some info on the second. Apparently all 80 pieces were sold out (really?...that fast?) and I was next in line. Communication stopped after that. No tracking, shipping info, delivery estimation of the second watch... Nada.

I do believe Toro will come through but the moral of the story: Yeah some dealers don't do crazy sales but man do they offer service!!! I hope I have learned my lesson this time...

:peace: Mark

Ouch.........I feel for you Mate. I also jump on Toro's Xmas sale.....I hope I don't get the same. We'll see, so far I haven't from him after we finalize the transaction.

Keep us posted!

Its funny you seem to have the same cycle of emotions as I do...and similar experiences...then go back to what you know and wonder why you left it in the first place..after all it only ends up being for the sake of a few dollars and for something you wouldnt have been bothered about had the situation never arisen !!

I saw the Xmas Sale he has on, some really great pieces and cheap money too, to be fair I think he would be pretty busy judging by how many members jumped on it ;)  from what I hear of Toro I reckon you should be ok mate  :inverted: hope all ends well for you !