When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

To Be A True Replica Collector....

fendushi

To be a true replica collector... you will NEED to accept:

NO replica is 1:1... EVER in the entire history of replica manufacturing!!

They cost less for a reason, replica manufacturers use lower quality materials (steel, titanium, gold plating... etc) and also much lower quality control and craftsmanship.

Sure, some replicas look VERY close to the genuine, but in terms of exact 1:1 cosmetics or quality of materials, no such replica exist.

Another fact: NOT every replica that you purchase will be 100% scratch or dust free inside the crystal when you take it out of the box like on your genuines. WHY?? = Massed produced + low cost + limited minimum resources.

If you are someone that demands a watch to be sent back to China because of a 0.1 micron scratch under the letter "E" of OFFICINE on the movement.... or, send the watch back demanding a replacement because you can see a speck of dust inside the crystal with your hubble 1,000,000,000,000,000x microscope.... or demanding a refund or report to PayPal because your replica is not true 1:1 when compared to genuine... then this hobby is not for you. Stick to buying genuine, they have warranty plus some will replace bracelets, straps or other parts for free under warranty. And YES, they will definitely last for more than a year.

If you want to buy just 1 (ONE) "ULTIMATE, SUPER DUPER 1:1 replica INSERT WATCH HERE"... because you believe that it is the HOLY MOLLY GRAIL of reps.... 2 things can happen:

1. You WILL be disappointed when you find out your ULTIMATE, SUPER DUPER 1:1 replica that you paid 345usd for is not so ultimate super duper 1:1. You will be angry and bitter about it, report seller to paypal, cops, your mum, etc and never buy a replica again.

2. You WILL be disappointed when you find out your ULTIMATE, SUPER DUPER 1:1 replica is not so ultimate super duper 1:1. But, you will be quite amazed on how close it is and feel the love and passion of other members here because they are oh, so close, and share the urge of owning another.... and another... and another... and another... and another... and another... and another... and another... and another... and another... and another... and another............... until you are BROKE!!!!   :bangin:

Once you accept these FACTS and are willing to play the customs roulette and could live with the imperfections in replicas (cosmetics, scratches when new due to poor handling etc).... you will become a true Jedi Warrior.... I mean, a true Replica Collector!   :1a:

:lol:
  • Like 3

No Fendushi speaks from experience. And now more than ever, with better reps so freely available the hobby seems to attract ever more "money for nothing and chicks for free" entrants. It is a great time for rep collecting. The reps are beautifully done but expectations can get out of control. Of course I am curious why it comes up now..... :)

• Like 1

I think if you follow this forum and make an informed decision on your first rep you will be pleasantly surprised. Imho people have very low expectations of reps if you are relatively new to this hobby. I feel that most people's idea of a rep is the canal st type of garbage.

After that comes the pursuit of perfection with mods and the slightest imperfection being unacceptable (like a speck of dust under the s of swiss made, Curse you mr dust!)

This is cool and correct. But even as a rep collector I appreciate quality!

That is why I never buy reps from "Ali Baba at the beach of Nice" etc. Even though it is fun to look at the very poor reps, and you can understand how easy it will be for the Italian police to caught you with reps on your wrist. 

Our Trusted Dealers are having the higher quality. And that is how Fendushi's second statement comes true!

I owns gens, but also reps... So, I am on the Second Statement!

8-)

• Like 1

I agree 100%. If you are new you need to read,read, read. Look at lots of photos and then decide if the rep world is for you.

If you are so caught up in perfection, you cannot stand anything  outside of 100% then this isn't your game.

If you are so impatient, and so in to instant gratification, you want your watch delivered Yesterday this isn't your game.

If you expect the dealer to return your email(s) that you are firing off at the rate of 2 per hour, within 30 seconds of sending, this isn't your game.

If you don't have or refuse to have a Plan B for the occasional rep that arrives with dust or a missing screw, or obviously needs a service, this isn't your game

If any of the above happen your first reaction is anger, your second reaction is to file a Paypal dispute, THIS REALLY ISN"T YOUR GAME!!

• Like 1