When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who's Selling Their Wm 3646

Finepics

No you wouldn't cos it ain't the right one. That's a 592 and is much bigger than the 616/618!!

Totally with you General Custer :D .

That mvmt is not a cal. 616 and neither has 16 lignes like the 616.

As for the shape of the case IMHO looks more like a vintage "lifebuoy" soap than a vintage 3646.

I must confess that I have seen better work by WM (this one must be earlier work).

Marco

Totally with you General Custer :D .

That mvmt is not a cal. 616 and neither has 16 lignes like the 616.

As for the shape of the case IMHO looks more like a vintage "lifebuoy" soap than a vintage 3646.

I must confess that I have seen better work by WM (this one must be earlier work).

Marco

As far as I remember, WM said that this is a 1:1 case, created from the real piece!

and btw. thats addingwatch who's selling his WM3646

PS why is the description not accurate?

No point in getting nasty. I had thought it was 1:1 when I bought it as well.

I initially aspired to make mine as close as possible. And I still would love to put in an original movement at some point for my own satisfaction but that is where I give up. In fact, when I wear it I have only gotten negative comments about the aesthetics. And that is from colleagues with fairly substantial watch collections - albeit their vintages are all more established names (Rolex, Patek, Breguet, etc.). In any case, I respect those who pursue the dream as it is a labor of love. After all, you cannot wear it and say with a straight face it is a gen - no one who would care will believe you. And those who don't care about the heritage tend to think it is one ugly watch. Of course I wish I had known this before I spent the $1,000.

And by the way the best way to get to 1:1 is to drop it out of a 2 story building. After all it is 60 years old and has been to war. :lol: And a pretty nasty one at that.

Why dont you sell it then kruzer? :)

I like WM's case+crown, but for 800$ (just the case) I pass. I also recently passed on one of DW's cases. he seems to have raised his prices a lot. 300$ for a simple watchcase is too much IMHO. Genuine Datejust cases go for like 120$ on the bay. Why pay soo much for a rep case?

As far as I remember, WM said that this is a 1:1 case, created from the real piece!

and btw. thats addingwatch who's selling his WM3646

PS why is the description not accurate?

If FInepics starts explaining how it is made the 3646 Wm's is faaaar from 1:1 :)

Yeah... Already have a 45mm that I built using a WM dial...

Oops - I'm not meaning to start a war here (no pun intended either).

Ubi - Yours has a nicer shaped case although it's 45mm (I know you prefer the smaller size) and the crown looks better too even though it's the black seal type. For yours I would fill the crown tube gap with solder and solder the strap bars and you would have an even nicer piece (if you can be bothered and are fussy enough).

WM's dial is nice but even then it has not got the markers filled with a clear resin and if you want to be anal about it (as I am being) then this would need doing as well. The WM case just seems way too fat and is brushed, the crown is completely the wrong shape etc. I realise that WM is not selling this as a 1:1 creation but as a watch styled on the 3646. The gen has a much more svelte design to it.

The description is not totally truthful as it is not an "accurate rebuild of the 3646" nor does the gen use the same movt (same movt maker but not same movt) - not complaining about it's listing on the bay as it is not pretending to be the real thing (ie scamming) but was just curious as to whether it was a member of the boards - now I realise it is so I will leave it at that as he's done nothing wrong.

Here's some gen pics to show you !!!

151739-14631.jpg

151739-14632.jpg

151739-14633.jpg

The description is not totally truthful as it is not an "accurate rebuild of the 3646" nor does the gen use the same movt (same movt maker but not same movt) - not complaining about it's listing on the bay as it is not pretending to be the real thing (ie scamming) but was just curious as to whether it was a member of the boards - now I realise it is so I will leave it at that as he's done nothing wrong.

Here's some gen pics to show you !!!

You old devil :) ...

Well I have to say that I am not at all impressed with the WM cases - they are nothing really like the gen despite the fact that he had one to model it from and that crown is completely wrong too.

Not to mention the futility of paying that kind of money for a watch that 99.999% of the people wouldn't appreciate and which the .0001% of the people who do appreciate it would assume is fake anyway.

Not to mention the futility of paying that kind of money for a watch that 99.999% of the people wouldn't appreciate and which the .0001% of the people who do appreciate it would assume is fake anyway.

I do not discuss the price (I respect WM work and the price he finds fair for it even if I would not buy this watch in particular for that or any other price) and much less the 99.999%.

The .0001% is what bothers me the most because unfortunatelly I consider myself in that ratio.

@Mark: Apart from the "Marshmallow dial" that watch is one of the most accurate 3646 hommages I have ever seen... and that bezel is right on!

Cheers,

Marco