When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DG 3408 DWO

cyphion

It doesn't matter which movement since it's going to be glued over the existing DWO anyway. It doesn't actually "fit" on either movement.

The DG 3408 is the more reliable of the two, even if it is cheaper. The main difference is that it's low beat and the 2836-2 is high beat and more importantly it's actually designed and manufactured as a GMT movement.

Does anyone know what DWO fits the DG movement? I have a spare TC one, so I'm just trying to decide if I'm gonna use a DG or 2836 GMT movement in my 1675 build that I'm planning out. 

Use a 2846 with GMT. It's easy to build. I did a build thread a while ago.

Gives you the best of all worlds: low beat, can use ETA hands, etc.

You shouldn't need an overlay with the 3804 if you get a yuki, phong, or ingod dial it will line up just fine. The font is decent as well although not 100% accurate.
I disagree with this statement- on my dg3804 the DW is right side justified, so an overlay would help. My dial is the ingod44.

I saw one 3804 this week with an MBW overlay- looked fine. A TC DWO should also work even if the fonts are wrong- closed 6' and 9's.

• Like 1