When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken 5513's return from service

lionsandtigers

With the obligatory wrist shot. Just had the movement completely overhauled, took a week, great price. She's running perfecto now.

Specs again are:

Old mbw 5513 case, drilled lugs, cg's reshaped

Gen 1560 movement

Gen Dial

Gen t19 crystal

Gen Crown

Gen Tube

Aftermarket hands and insert

Funny that the watchmaker said (insert heavy russian accent here) -  "you know this is not original case, so, do not swin vith it."

Great guy, warrantied the movement for a year.

Next I will hunt for a better case, so if anyone has a good yuki or ndt case, lemme know.

post-2625-0-36614500-1356133146_thumb.jp

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Its a boy this time mate ;) we have a little girl Stella she is turning 3 in januari!

Way switch/swap to a new case? Whats wrong with the mbw one?

You know, ephry is doing me a 5514 precomex watch this week, that case looks real nice. Its a old trevor case!

Your pointing to a phong case right?

Ahhh a little boy, congrats man. Have 2, a 3 month old and a 2 and half year old. My angels.

Was considering the yuki case. Phongs case is a little expensive in my opinion and I really cannot see much of a difference btw his and yuki's

I might as well find a gen case if I was to get Phongs.

The mbw crown positions a little off. One of my lugholes is a little messed (from having a bit stuck in during drilling) and the bezel, well, it sucks.

So far I have a very reasonable about of cash in this watch to not make me think it's a big waste, so I think a good case and gen insert, gonna shoot to stay in the $500 range for the total and I will be content