When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 1680 Red (photos)

stevedrk

Well, I was trying out the camera so I decided to take some new photos of my 1680 red. It is my favorite and gets much of my wrist time.

Specs:
MBW Case softened and crown guards worked
Drilled lug holes
Gen bezel and insert
Gen crown and tube
Clark crystal
Mix of rep bracelets
MBW dial and hands slightly aged and lumed

DSCN0683.jpg
DSCN0679.jpg
DSCN0680.jpg
DSCN0681.jpg
DSCN0682.jpg
DSCN0673.jpg
DSCN0674.jpg
DSCN0676.jpg
DSCN0678.jpg
DSCN0668.jpg
DSCN0669.jpg
DSCN0670.jpg
DSCN0671.jpg
DSCN0672.jpg
DSCN0663.jpg
DSCN0664.jpg
DSCN0665.jpg
DSCN0666.jpg
DSCN0667.jpg
DSCN0662.jpg
DSCN0659.jpg
DSCN0660.jpg
DSCN0661.jpg
DSCN0653.jpg
DSCN0654.jpg
DSCN0655.jpg
DSCN0657.jpg
DSCN0658.jpg
DSCN0648.jpg
DSCN0649.jpg
DSCN0650.jpg
DSCN0651.jpg
DSCN0652.jpg
DSCN0646.jpg
DSCN0647.jpg
DSCN0645.jpg

My brother gave me a very inexpensive Nikon Coolpix L105. Definitely a beginner camera, but it works decent.  Thanks.

Nikon uses good lenses.

You need to work on the settings though or the lighting. (always friendly :) )

Some old pictures from my Nikon also.. your watch definitely looks more original 

http://s85.beta.photobucket.com/user/watches-photogallery/library/MBW%20ALBUM/1680%20Red%20Letter

dont know if you can see the pics.

Edited by george

Nice build. :)  What movement did you use? Two small suggestions, one I would try to find a better pearl, as the genuine 1680 pearls don't stand up like that one. Second, for your own safety,  I would not post photos of your signin name on other watch forums especially genuine forums. Quite a few of the genuine forum guys ( not the ones that are really interested in reps!!) prowl around this and other rep forums from time to time. May create a problem later on especially if you try to buy genuine vintage parts. lots of those guys will not sell to anyone they think will use the parts to build a franken rep. 

Nikon uses good lenses.

You need to work on the settings though or the lighting. (always friendly :) )

Some old pictures from my Nikon also.. your watch definitely looks more original 

http://s85.beta.photobucket.com/user/watches-photogallery/library/MBW%20ALBUM/1680%20Red%20Letter

dont know if you can see the pics.

Well, the watch is great and so are some of your pics!

I would recommend that you use a tripod!

It's one of the best tips I've learned from this community: tripod and delay...

You will have 100% of your photos clear  B)

Nice build. :)  What movement did you use? Two small suggestions, one I would try to find a better pearl, as the genuine 1680 pearls don't stand up like that one. Second, for your own safety,  I would not post photos of your signin name on other watch forums especially genuine forums. Quite a few of the genuine forum guys ( not the ones that are really interested in reps!!) prowl around this and other rep forums from time to time. May create a problem later on especially if you try to buy genuine vintage parts. lots of those guys will not sell to anyone they think will use the parts to build a franken rep. 

Thanks for the suggestions. I have a few Ofrei lum dots on order...they seem to be taking forever to get here. I think they will be better. I'm not sure I follow what you mean on your second bit of advice. Can you elaborate?  Thanks!!

In your first photos, your phone screen has 5 forums with your sign in name. This is for everyone to see if they look at your photos. Anyone from the genuine forums would see that your sign in is the same. Better to keep that info to yourself. Personally, I think that folks would be wise to use different sign ins for different forums.

Thanks. Got it now.

In your first photos, your phone screen has 5 forums with your sign in name. This is for everyone to see if they look at your photos. Anyone from the genuine forums would see that your sign in is the same. Better to keep that info to yourself. Personally, I think that folks would be wise to use different sign ins for different forums.
Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Nikon uses good lenses. You need to work on the settings though or the lighting. (always friendly :) )   Some old pictures from my Nikon also.. your watch definitely looks more original    http://s85.beta.photobucket.com/user/watches-photogallery/library/MBW%20ALBUM/1680%20Red%20Letter   dont know if you can see the pics. Well, the watch is great and so are some of your pics! I would recommend that you use a tripod! It's one of the best tips I've learned from this community: tripod and delay... You will have 100% of your photos clear  B)