When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor blue snowflake build

aeromatic

It took me a while to warm up to the tudor snowflake subs at first i found the square dial and hands, well too just ugly!

if anyone has been following my post (tudor blue insert needed) will know that i have been having problems matching the aftermarket insert with the light blue dial it was too dark/purple/blue after fading the insert  now looks much better but i still would like to find a gen tudor insert.

here a photo of the 1680 as purchased

post-27094-0-74307100-1357196923_thumb.j

post-27094-0-79456200-1357197143_thumb.j

post-27094-0-68477400-1357197486_thumb.j

post-27094-0-83771200-1357197646_thumb.j

post-27094-0-61846400-1357197749_thumb.j

post-27094-0-60365500-1357197864_thumb.j

post-27094-0-16926100-1357198061_thumb.j

My watchmaker friend Andreas made the lume dot which is clear hollowed out and yellow lume applied

This photo shows the thin stainless steel ring fitting under the rehaunt nesserary to seat the tudor 26mm dial as the opening is 26mm also on these rep 1680 cases

post-27094-0-77214500-1357198483_thumb.j

post-27094-0-84933600-1357198749_thumb.j

I would like to thank my friend Andreas for his valued work helping me with this build especially with re-constructing the crap bezel construction that came with this rep 1680 watch !

SPECS

1680 rep case

1970s 2783 slowbeat eta fully serviced

wso insert

yuki gen crown and tube

ebay dial

thin stainless steel ring fitted under the rehaunt (modded to fit 26mm dial)

pearl made by my friend andreas (watchmaker)

snowflake rafflestime hands

yuki tudor engraved rotor

backcase engraved by member jmb (still in the post )

clark tropic 19

rep bracelet and endlinks (i am looking for a folded bracelet)

Other notes

crown guards have not been modded /shaped they are out of the box tube screwed in to case without drilling

work still to do tone down the shine on the case, fit the jmb engraved backcase, replace bracelet,find gen flake hands and gen insert

clark crystal had to be shaved inside lip to fit on the rep case.

post-27094-0-33210000-1357201331_thumb.j

Edited by aeromatic

Aero thats some great work right there mate, love the look of the insert too  ;)  really nice colour to it!

Thank you ! sgtguk ! :)

Spent the evening softening the case edges and toned down the factory shine also worked on the bracelet sanding the sharp edges and re-brusing and oiling it, it now feels more supple !

Edited by aeromatic

The blue flake is getting all the wrist time at the moment should i build a black dial version too ? :)

Yes you should mate  :inverted:  one of mine is in progress atm, can't wait ! Just wearing this one for now....

8070461183_6fedaaf090_b.jpg

• Like 1

Yes you should mate  :inverted:  one of mine is in progress atm, can't wait ! Just wearing this one for now....

8070461183_6fedaaf090_b.jpg

Hey Mate what case are you using mabe i should build a black datesub next :unsure:

Hey Mate what case are you using mabe i should build a black datesub next :unsure:

From what we gathered on here this one is based on a phong case, and yes go for it it's a fantastic piece to build   :inverted:  I'm just fitting up a new bracelet on it and having fun with the end links atm !

If you want the build specs just pm me aero  ;)

Edited by sgtguk
  • Like 1

From what we gathered on here this one is based on a phong case, and yes go for it it's a fantastic piece to build   :inverted:  I'm just fitting up a new bracelet on it and having fun with the end links atm !

If you want the build specs just pm me aero  ;)

Thanks mate ! i tried to pm you but it says you can not receive any new messages ! :) love your snowflake datesub ! :clap2:

Great to see your back posting, missed your presence on here mate :inverted:  
Thanks so much, means tons to hear things like that.

I'm in the hospital and have had some problems ...that's why I've been inactive. I'm much better now and will be home in a couple days.

Thanks again for the nice words.

Killer Tudors!!!! :)

I'm in the hospital and have had some problems ...that's why I've been inactive. I'm much better now and will be home in a couple days.

Get well soon woof ! im going to hospital tomorrow but its just for a day ! have some problems too, thanks for the thumbs up on our tudors ! glad to have you back ! :)

Bloody hell R, I had no idea, hope your well on the mend mate, speak soon  :)

I want to have the whole range of snowflake subs ! (oh no here i go again im addicted to these super subs !) :)  :bangin:

It's a sickness mate  :partytime:  love it !

Those tudor watch boxes really are the icing on the cake :) got one for the blu-flake and one for my blackbay homage from ebay seller rocketchan .

Edited by aeromatic

Do we have any supplier for tudor shield clasps not the short raffles ones, the full sized ones i ordered the raffles short one but the clasp is stamped GENEVR I i thought about cutting splicening the tudor shield logo and fitting it onto a sterile buckle with the tudor flat extensions clasps as they are full sized,  but there is no point now that the clasps are wrongly stamped gens go for 300usd and are rare !

Edited by aeromatic

Not sure on a supplier for them aero, I just check on vrf regular  :inverted:

Not sure on a supplier for them aero, I just check on vrf regular  :inverted:

Thanks ! thats a good idea! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...