When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor blue snowflake build

aeromatic

• 2 weeks later...

Well my blueflake project has gone all wrong since my engraved backcase got lost on its return from the states trying to find a replacement is proving a nightmare i have my blue flake without a backcase all others i found are about a 1mm to small on the thread i tried also rafflestime i need it to be outer 36.5mm and inner thread 30.8mm

rafflestime closest is 30.5 inner  i also thought about yukis tudor backcase but this is outer 36mm and inner 29.6mm  the only other thing i can do is order another 1680 rep but this will cost 270usd shipped and then the case will be useless afterwards without a bc jmb made a super job of the engraving only to be lost on its return im totaly pi##ssed now !

Can anybody with a good relationship with the Cartel dealers get a case-back?  I have asked Josh and received a short reply indicating he can't supply parts, but I don't buy a bunch of watches from him...

Can anybody with a good relationship with the Cartel dealers get a case-back?  I have asked Josh and received a short reply indicating he can't supply parts, but I don't buy a bunch of watches from him...

I purchased hundreds of replicas over the years off trusty but they still can not supply parts if there was a 21j version of the 1680 at half the price that would be no problem but this was to be a budget build otherwise i would have ordered a yuki  tudor caseset in the end it would have been a better deal i think !

Edited by aeromatic

Still cant find a backcase for my blueflake build i have ordered a rafflestime backcase to try but my backcase has the o-ring gasket on the backcase his are on the case and its a smaller size thread diameter the 1680 is 30.8 and raffles is 30.5 i will see if we can make some modifications to make the raffles bc fit

even if i order another complete 1680 watch the backcase may still not fit i dont want to re-modify another 1680 after spending up to 500 usd on this build, next time i will order a complete yuki case set and save my self a lot of grief ! 

Cant believe it my JMB engraved backcase arrived after all it was posted on 17/12/2012 and arrived today 8/3/2013 that is the longest i have ever had something arrive but im as happy as a dog with two di**s , i surly thought it was truly lost ,damn the postal service hope my hair starts growing back soon !

Thanks JMB super work! :clap2:

• Like 1

• 10 months later...