When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

QC pictures omega 42mm 5V AND question....

Guest lionheart

Guest lionheart

i need opinios for QC pictures and one question because i am new here...i read that many omega 42mm asia eta has problem with crown and tube...so if something wrong happen to my watch what can i do?can i fix this problem easy?or i must buy new original crown and tube omega?

dsc1906n.jpg
dsc1904a.jpg

dsc1903k.jpg

It looks good to me....the pearl is nice and centered.....Take it....As for the crown tube issue, it'd come sooner than you think...just buy OEM crown and tube and get a watchmaker to swap it for you....that's something that you'd have to do for sure as the threads on the rep crown n tube get threaded pretty quickly....it's due to the poor steel they use..

Yea the factory's been spitting out a bad batch lately. I was able to screw mine down probably 4-5 times before it gave out... But as with reps, it's a gamble you might not need it at all.

But if you do, I did it myself it was pretty easy actually.. The parts cost me $54 from ofrei with shipping, then all you need it basic tweezer/needle nose pliers, marine epoxy ($5 from walmart), I also went ahead and greased everything with silicone grease to make the watch water-resistant.