When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Oem Rolex Parts Number Request(s)

eunomians

PART 1: I need a replacement Crown Tube for my 5513. I have a NOS OEM Twinlock 7mm crown, but I need to know the part number for the Twinlock crown tube. Please note that I need the part # for the original 1st generation 1960s TWINlock crown tube (not the upgraded Triplock stuff). I would like to keep my '67 as original as possible. My crown tube is no longer waterproof.

PARTS 2: I also need to replace my crown tube for 1675. Anybody know the part #? I also would like a NOS OEM crown! If any of you have a new OEM 1675 crown tube & OEM 1675 crown, please PM!

151822-14624.jpg

151822-14625.jpg

Last month the crown on my 1680 (c. 1978) stripped, that is the part that the stem screwed into. I ended up having to go with the 24-7030 crown and tube which is the current Rolex crown and tube. Rolex would update your 5513 with that crown and tube, if you sent it in for service. Since then, I bought a crown from larrymoecu (Mark Greenberg out of NYC) on ebay which fits my old style triplock case tube. The old style case tube did not have an external gasket and the crown has three dots and will not fit the new current 24-7030 parts. I believe that this previous assembly was #24-7020. If your crown has three dots it is this assembly, more than likely. Prior to that, there was 24-7010, possibly. Of course, all of this is confused by the fact that sometimes you see other numbers thrown out there, #395, 399...

Check out ebay, search 'Rolex crown' and see what comes up. Ubiquitous might also be of some help.

Thanks for the info... I have had the pleasure of trading/purchasing many watches and parts over the years with Mark. He is a great guy.

I have avoided having Rolex Service Centers work on my vintage items as of late for a few reasons: they refused working in a 1565-based pointed guard 1675 due to non-support of 1560/5 movements. They also refused (the last time) to work on my '67 5513 without doing the Twinlock to Triplock upgrade (which I can understand), but they insisted on swasppingout my superdome Tropic 19 with a newer replacement. That's a HUGE no-no for me. They also refused working on my 1675 without replacing the original small GMT hand for the big GMT hand. No way, José!

My Twinlock crown for my 5513 has no dots. I have a NOS one waiting to be used as well. I just need the tube. I would prefer not to retap and retrofit to Triplock at this point (although in the future it might be a better idea).

I also need a tube for my 1675. I, too, have a stripped tube :(

Cheers!