When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Incabloc Shock Protection system mod- PAM 111N V3

zackyh

Hey guys, have been following this forum for a couple of weeks by now and am still a newbie in the rep world. Your help and time is very much appreciated.

Seeing that I would like to get the 111 noob V3 for myself, I was wondering whether the shock protection system mod on puretime is worth getting. I have seen threads where people posting their QC pics up and some saying that noob is starting to screw up lately, so I didn't order my 111 yet. Just a quick question here, is PAM111 actually open case back? (Meaning that we could see the movements without taking off the cover). Also, on the site it says that the biggest difference is the blue ENGRAVING for the word " Officine Panerai". Does it mean that after getting the mod the blue engraving would have a darker blue colour/thicker which is more obvious and looks better without the mod? Has anyone personally got the mod done themselves? Because this mod was introduced recently as well so I'm not sure if anyone who has got the mod actually seen the real difference. 

Cheers!

The incabloc shock system mod offered by Puretime is a genuine module. At $98 and includes installation, many from various forums have endorsed this as a simple and must have mod. Buying it separately and shipping it to a watchsmith etc will set you back by quite a bit more, that's mho

This has been something that I been researching as well.  I feel that even if you do the incabloc shock mod, you are still left with many other flaws that Pam WIS can easily detect.  Then you have to ask yourself.... how many Pam wis will be looking at your 111?  I know, most around me will probably never be able to tell the difference.  Maybe a better solution is to just buy a 005 since there is a case back.  

Thanks guys, I think that it is just better off to upgrade the incabloc shock protection system since it isn't expensive and I might as well just go with it when getting a new 111. Would it cause any damages to the watch as in making it less accurate etc? Or it is just purely a cosmetic touch up.

• 2 years later...

Ruski91 so the Y-incabloc shock mod has nothing to do with being more shock resistant or working better? Just to make look more cosmetically correct? Sounds like a gear change is a better place to put your money? who does that mod.. any other tips for getting a great fiddy replica?

-in

All the A6497 mods are cosmetic. It is a good movement out of the box and of course after a service I have found it performs as good as the Swiss.

The Incabloc mod involves a watchmakers lathe, the correct tooling and a proper watch smith to perform the mod. It's by no means an 'easy' mod.

People have it done because it's the easiest tell to look for in a rep...Apart from the swan neck, micrometrical screw, winding gears, centre wheel etc, etc, etc!

A member named Merlin does the best mod on this movement, but I wander if it wouldn't be cheaper to buy a Swiss 6497 and get it engraved ;)

I love my 111 but after replacing the crown with a proper "thin-walled" crown and replacing the mm screw with a proper screw...at the end of the day, I do not know anyone who even knows what a Panerai is.  I think we all find this to be truth when we really think about it.  I find myself being engrossed in the community here and discussing all the mods and ins and outs, but when I enter a moment of sanity; my friends and associates are not watch people. They ride horses, play golf, build RC models, work, work, work, etc. I could take off my 111 and hand it to anyone I know and they would only comment..."sure is heavy, isn't it?"

Just get the watch that you feel good about and then "try" to enjoy wearing the watch.  After all...my watches are just for me and no one else.