When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newby looking for TD to buy Montblanc Timewalker

MartinV77

Hi all, I'm a newby in the replica sphere and am a bit overwhelmed by all the info and 'trusted sites'. I would like to buy a Montblanc Timewalker (Automatic) but don't know which are trusted dealers and which are scammers. The site that mostly comes up and which seems legit is puretime  What are people's experience with this site in terms of quality and reliability?

They ask $248 for the watch I'm looking at (TimeWalker Automatic SS Black Dial on SS Bracelet) which I am willing to pay for a good replica. They give you the choice between Asian or Swiss movement with the latter costing an extra $90. Is this legit and worth it or just a scam to get extra money out of you? 

Any recommendations with regards to where to get the best deal for this watch or recommendations for trusted dealers in addition to Purewatch would be most welcome.

Thanks so much in advance!

Puretime is ok. Never heard of anything bad about them and Angus (the guy that owns it) actively participate in a few forums. Most of the dealers in the trusted seller area would be good. 

As far the Timewalker goes I'd really recommend you go with the new A7753 model.

http://puretime.co/product/timewalker-chrono-ss-black-dial-11-noob-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-a7753/

The ones for around $250 are the old 7750 based ones that are incorrect in many ways. Spend a little more and get the 7753 based on (and that's only available with Asian movements which is fine).

Pure Time is my TD of choice, not for any special reason but he's been good enough to earn repeat business from me. I agree that you won't have any issues with the asian movement which will save you $90, that's a 30% savings and you're getting almost exactly the same watch. Good luck.

Ordered from Puretime in Oct last year: some issues with payment with Western Union, but after resolving that very smooth transaction. Got QC pics, fast shipping, got tracking number, and good quality of the watch. Sometimes there are some delays in communication, but nothing serious - you do need patience for this kind business, even it's sometimes hard...;) Go for the new version with Asian 7753 movement - I'm pretty sure that you will be very happy with this watch and movement! I can also recommend Trustytime: lightning fast communication - even on Sundays, and a really outstanding customer service. But I don't know if Trusty (Andrew) can get this watch within a reasonable time; email him and ask mhim for availability.! You can't go wrong with this two TD!

Hi guys, thanks so much for the recommendations and sorry for not hanging out on the forum after I posted yesterday. 

Thanks also for the recommendation to go for the new 7753 Chrono, it looks spectacular but I am more interested in the Automatic.

(TimeWalker Automatic SS Black Dial on SS Bracelet) 

Do you guys know whether there are any issues with this model or whether it needs corrections? 

Also, I read a lot about 'Noob best edition'... what does Noob stand for?

Thanks again everyone for your help, much appreciated.

Puretime and Trustytime both offer the Timewalker auto this watch at the exact same price of $248. Would this be the same watch which comes from the same manufacturer?

In that case it is just a decision as to which reseller is faster and gives better service. Any recommendations welcome...

Thanks

both dealers will sell the same watch. I don't think anyone would be faster since it really depends on the postal service. Better service that's a subjective and sometime swing and miss situation,

For the movement stay with Asian. It's cheaper and the Swiss version they sell may not be any better.

Just one thing about the black dial Timewalker. The genuine has a single AR on the crystal and the reps do not. For the white dial that's not a big deal but it's kind of distracting with the black dial. Getting this modification done with the Timewalker is not that simple.