When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I think we got an eBay scam?

Leighleigh

Really!!! 2000GBP for a watch that is selling used for probably 5k  GBP What a bargain!!  Do people turn off their brain when they go on Ebay? This "minnie" (seller) has 27 positive feedbacks and the most was for 107 GBP for a data card. Not one single high end sale, no watches except another fake Hugo boss. If this one was real, she would have 10+ good high quality photos from every angle. She doesn't have the box or paperwork, but has the guarantee card!! I bet it's real too.

What is very gratifying was a post on the Vintage Roex forum today about a woman in the UK who was sentenced to 12 months in jail (not suspended either, but real jail time) for selling a fake Chanel watch to one buyer and another one who received an empty box. At the sentencing, the woman's lawyer pleaded for a suspended sentence because the woman has three children , two of which are young, The judge replied .“The message has to go out that when a person is ripping off someone purchasing in good faith on the internet and they get caught, they can expect to be severely punished.” Good for him!! If Ebay or buyers prosocuted  some of the sellers of fake goods, it wouldn't take long for the story to get around, and i would bet the fake crap would slow down drastically.

Here is the link  http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentish_gazette/news/2013/january/15/mums_children_face_care.aspx

What is very gratifying was a post on the Vintage Roex forum today about a woman in the UK who was sentenced to 12 months in jail (not suspended either, but real jail time) for selling a fake Chanel watch to one buyer and another one who received an empty box. At the sentencing, the woman's lawyer pleaded for a suspended sentence because the woman has three children , two of which are young, The judge replied .“The message has to go out that when a person is ripping off someone purchasing in good faith on the internet and they get caught, they can expect to be severely punished.” Good for him!! If Ebay or buyers prosocuted  some of the sellers of fake goods, it wouldn't take long for the story to get around, and i would bet the fake crap would slow down drastically.   Here is the link  http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentish_gazette/news/2013/january/15/mums_children_face_care.aspx
What an idiot. Let's hope she didn't pass on the dumb genes to her children.