When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need some advice on starting my next project

HartDoc

I have the following parts lying around

1)what project would these dial go best in?

era4y8u9.jpg

uhyjygas.jpg

2) what about these inserts?

uvyzeqaq.jpg

pyhuryta.jpg

3) what would be the best case

4) what would be the best movements

5) Are these decent rep dials and inserts ?

6) What projects should I do with these parts.

• 3 weeks later...

TC sub, and then you could go either way LV sub or a nice non date with the black no date and black insert. Movement, you need a fast beat, so I would say either a 2836 or a 2824 whichever fits the case better. Or you could use the movement and hands from the TC sub

to blutack, Where do you propose finding a modern sub case? About as scarce as hens teeth. that's why all the guys here who are building superfrankens use a good rep case as the base for their builds.

TC sub, and then you could go either way LV sub or a nice non date with the black no date and black insert. Movement, you need a fast beat, so I would say either a 2836 or a 2824 whichever fits the case better. Or you could use the movement and hands from the TC sub

I'm thinking about doing this. Is a gen no date sub the same size as a gen date sub ?Can I just drop this dial into a TC sub ?

Is the maxi dial sealed??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its brand new. Never been used. 

I'm not too up to speed on the modern Rolexes and Rolex cases, but I found this thread on the WUS Rolex forum. here is the link. Now bear in mind, this is for genuine. The TC cases may very well be the same size for date and non date. Are your dials the same size (Diameter?) Are they genuine dials?

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f23/difference-between-subamriner-14060-116610-a-509946.html

I'm not too up to speed on the modern Rolexes and Rolex cases, but I found this thread on the WUS Rolex forum. here is the link. Now bear in mind, this is for genuine. The TC cases may very well be the same size for date and non date. Are your dials the same size (Diameter?) Are they genuine dials?

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f23/difference-between-subamriner-14060-116610-a-509946.html

Thanks a heap. All the above parts are gen. Thanks it helps me not make a costly mistake on a project that couldnt be finished.

For the maxi dial and lv insert i would go for tc case and yuki 3135 mvt and then try to get gen hands and crystal.

Becous if you use a 2824 mvt you need to cut the dial feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for not updating this thread. I recently brought a gen sub. The maxi and insert is going it that. Which will increase the value of the sub $1500 from what I paid for it. I'm going to keep the original subs dial and insert to place back into the sub for when I sell/trade the sub. As far as the maxi dial and LV insert, the prices are getting crazy stupid.

I just need to find a nice case to put the no date dial into.