When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Orient Mako XL - Mini Review (Pics Heavy)

sgtguk

So it was late, I'd had a few Jim Beam :drunk: and there I was innocently looking around on the forums when I stumbled across a watch that I instantly fell in drunken love with   :bow_arrow:  so I jumped on the bay and ordered one, beer goggles or not you decide........

IMG_1544_zps350506f4.jpg

IMG_1540_zps914c3819.jpg

IMG_1541_zpsbbcab8e6.jpg

IMG_1537_zps5bfd01d3.jpg

IMG_1542_zpsf3df859c.jpg

IMG_1567_zpse7d6a447.jpg

IMG_1558_zps19b292bc.jpg

IMG_1559_zpse8893d1e.jpg

IMG_1564_zps3f2970cd.jpg

IMG_1561_zpsdedfd365.jpg

Spec's

Part Number - CEM75004B

Crystal - Mineral
Clasp - Deployment Clasp
Case diameter - 46.00
Case Thickness - 13.00
Band Material - Stainless steel
Band length - Std
Band width - 22.00
Dial - Black
Bezel material - Stainless steel
Bezel function - Unidirectional
Calendar - Day and date
Movement - Japanese 21j automatic

And of course a wristy..

IMG_1535_zpsaa60a1d1.jpg

I for one love it and for a value for money Gen it's hard to beat and comes with a decent warranty too ! Its 46mm but It wears like a 42 mm watch as the height is only 13mm and its fairly flat on the caseback, it's also pretty lightweight too, comparing it to the new Ceramic PO 45mm which I did find too large this feels totally different on the wrist. The clasp is very secure it's got side pushers and a lock too which snaps down securely, bracelet is 22mm with no taper to it. Lume is fair to average but better than rep lume, the dial though is a real beaut, really clean and easy to read too, you could wear this piece for dress or sport whichever you need. 

Uni-directional bezel has 60 clicks and moves well, the pusher at 1 changes the day which makes it easy, the one thing I don't like is the small crown, it looks nice and fits snug but is a bugger to grip with my fat fingers  ;)  just noticed that the date is a bit off in the pics, my fault I didn't turn it all the way when I changed it (see fat fingers!) Hope you enjoyed the pics (hope I'm getting better at taking them)!  

All in all if your in the market for a decent dive watch or maybe like me your not into dress watches, this would make a good purchase and at around the same price of a rep you just can't beat it for value for money :inverted:  

Thanks for looking  :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...