When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yet another 16610 question...

preacher62

Ok...thanks to all.  One more question.  Would a drilled lug case have been used on an early LV.  I have watched the Bay and have not seen one.

I have had an MBW 16610 for 4 years and I just received it back from jmb, with drilled lugs.    I have been watching, with interest, the threads regarding the 16800 builds.  That was my original plan for the case, but in looking at the 16800s on eBay it seems that the MBW bezel...and bezel teeth...are just not right for an 800.  So, now, I am trying to decide what to do with the case.  I took the insides and put them in another case for my son, for Christmas. 

My 2000 "P" serial 16610 has a Superluminova Dial/hands from birth. As someone said, the first 16610's came with Tritium dials, but by 2000 they were all Superluminova.

In your second post, you were asking about bracelets.I'm not sure if the change to SEL bracelets (93250) came at the same time as the dial change from Tritium, or they occured at a different time. Early 16610's had Trit dials and regular endlinks/93150 bracelets. Of course if a very early 16610 went back to a RSC, they could very well have replaced the dial with a lumi service dial/hands, just as they could have replaced a bracelet with one with SEL's if the original one was worn out or damaged. From my perspective, you'e OK either way dial or bracelet wise, just have to have the right story!!

That's a perfectly valid option, and for a contemporary watch like the 16610, i would much prefer the lumi hands and dial over the "non glowing" tritium ones. Also if you decidde to upgrade to genuine, the prices of the lumi stuff is cheaper than tritium. 

The watch I'm building for my wife is going to have the service SL dial and hands, holed case and SEL bracelet. She likes to see it glow at night and the watch will be used at work, dives and for whatever else she wants.

I will have something similar but not holes and more modern case for every day use and the 16800 will have no lume

Here's a Y serial from 2002

RLX50691.jpg

Swiss Made dial and SL hands

Lugholes

Boxy 4 in 40 insert

and SEL 92350 bracelet

The lugholes disappeared on the later Y serials- c. 2003

T2eC16RHJF0E9nmFSHgBQeDIBUg60_31.jpg

Same Swiss Made dial.

no lughole case the 16610 T case

new triangular 4 in 40 insert and the SEL 93250 bracelet

Between Panerai's P serial and the Y serial was the K serial. Before that was the A serial. Late A serials may have been the first with the SEL 93250

Luminova (denoted 'Swiss") were around 1999, and the Swiss Made SL dial came out in 2000