When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7750 Asian To Swiss Upgrade On Brietling And Fiddy, 253

greg

Hi guys.

I bought one of the breitling navitimers with asia 28.8k mvmnts (like the one by-tor won)

Now here's the plan

1.order a swiss valj 7750 from ebay with same sub dial placement

2.when, not if the asian fails, swap in the swiss

is this feasable, what are the issues?

I know the swiss 7750 comes on 12-9-6 and also 3-6-9 placement. So if the sub dial matches then i assume I am good.

I may aslo do this with the pam 212 or 253 if i can decide which one to get

any thoughts on this one also.

This way I give the 28.8k asians a chance and if they fail i am not left with a nice paper weight. And by then i would have completed my watch class.java script:emoticon(':bicycle:', 'smid_12')

:bicycle:

uuuuuhhhhh..... WRONG.... hands are a different diameter. You need to order genuine hands if you want to fit the ETA.

The old Asian was an easy swap... the new Asian is not.

Look in the Expert Area... The Zigmeister has some info on the hand sizes.

Edited by Rolexman

uuuuuhhhhh..... WRONG.... hands are a different diamater. You need to order genuine hands if you want to fit the ETA.

The old Asian was an easy swap... the new Asian is not.

Look in the Expert Area... The Zigmeister has some info on the hand sizes.

thanks for the input

I don't mind buying new hands especially genuine. How much do they usually run. And once I get the hands is it as simple as swapping the movements

thanks again

I would suggest that you pick up an older version Navitimer. They come up for sale from time to time and go for pretty cheap. This will allow you to do an easy transplant of the swiss movement. (This is for the 6-9-12 version)

There is no 3-6-9 swiss 7750. They use a 7753, which is a completely different beast. To transplant a 7753, you will need an older 21k rep, a swiss 7753 movement, a genuine dial, and a lot of patience. The gen dial is slightly bigger than the rep, and will have to be ground down to fit the case. Then its a straight swap.

Hope this helps!

I would suggest that you pick up an older version Navitimer. They come up for sale from time to time and go for pretty cheap. This will allow you to do an easy transplant of the swiss movement. (This is for the 6-9-12 version)

There is no 3-6-9 swiss 7750. They use a 7753, which is a completely different beast. To transplant a 7753, you will need an older 21k rep, a swiss 7753 movement, a genuine dial, and a lot of patience. The gen dial is slightly bigger than the rep, and will have to be ground down to fit the case. Then its a straight swap.

Hope this helps!

Thanks andrew

I think the best thing then is to get the a few spare asian movements when I buy my watch.

has anyone done this ?

what dealers can provide you with a few spare 28.8k 7750's and how much should they be roughly?

this may be a better option.

For all the time and money, why don't you just service the movement you have in the watch, and fix the problem for good...

Installing an ETA, while a partial solution, still requires the ETA to be serviced and maintained...add that cost to the cost of the ETA, the cost of the install, new hands etc...and you can get your Asian serviced 2 times or more, and get 10 years of use from it...

This movement has been revied in depth, with service there is no reason for it to not last as long as any ETA...

RG

For all the time and money, why don't you just service the movement you have in the watch, and fix the problem for good...

Installing an ETA, while a partial solution, still requires the ETA to be serviced and maintained...add that cost to the cost of the ETA, the cost of the install, new hands etc...and you can get your Asian serviced 2 times or more, and get 10 years of use from it...

This movement has been revied in depth, with service there is no reason for it to not last as long as any ETA...

RG

yes yes yes

considering it has to be opened no matter what scenario i select.

that is exactly what i will do. so The Zigmeister we have to talk about servicing from NY/NJ.

:bangin: