When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Moonwatch

lillo

To my knowledge, there are no accurate moonwatch replicas out for sale now. And i think the hand at 6 moves on the ones out, but you can mod it yourself to stop it somehow.. and there is a lot of other flaws on the reps.

Personally, i fell in love with the moonwatch, so after recieving my first railmaster rep, i ordered a gen 3573.50  :)

Clearing customs as we speak! 

Ditto above The moon watch can be modded. I have done a few my self but no mater what you do you will not overcome the stubby markers at 3 and 9. But you can change the crystal, paint the rehaut, freeze the subdial at 6, relume it, gold plate the movement but you won't get over the stubborn markers.

To answer your question , as far as I am aware no lemania/venus/ST19 speedmasters have be made commercially available by our trusted dealers that have seconds frozen at 6.

Andrew has a nice example here

4250ac873f0e49cd0e3d808530c967bf.image.8

Watch Eden has a few here

By- tor's Broad Arrow is one of the best examples here

You really have 2 choices either get a Manual wind version and have a watch maker freeze the 6 which could be expensive and hard to do or go quartz

20110427164337_42306.jpg

Hope that helps

You really have 2 choices either get a Manual wind version and have a watch maker freeze the 6 which could be expensive and hard to do or go quartz

Doesn't all the quartz version also suffer from ticking seconds at the subdial at 6?

(I have a quartz Moonie myself and I'm interested in freezing the ticking seconds.)