When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Qualisty Of Swiss Movements

hupholland

Hi members,

recently I bought the swiss PAM212. I bought the swiss movement because I don't like surprises. An expensive watch, but it should be worth it.

Well within 6 weeks the little hand of the stopwatch does not reset properly (bad luck?). And now I have to send it back to Taiwan or so or find a watchsmith. Just the hassle I wanted to avoid in the first place!

So my question to you all is: are the Swiss movements replica's better than the chinese copie movements (i.e 7750b1 28.8) What are your experiences?

regards

Huub

It's a common well known problem on all models, rule of thumb, get the hand glued so it wont' slip,

But wat if you want to get the hands of..... eg for an overhaul. If you super glueed the hands you have a problem I woud think...

Edited by Rolexman

The hand resetting has nothing to do with the actual movement...

It's a common well known problem on all models, rule of thumb, get the hand glued so it wont' slip, and never, ever, reset anywhere but between 10 and 2 on the dial face as it causes too much stress on the hand when it flys back to 12.

RG

Shouldnt be that way IMHO. I wont let my Car tell me where I can park or not either

The hand resetting has nothing to do with the actual movement...

It's a common well known problem on all models, rule of thumb, get the hand glued so it wont' slip, and never, ever, reset anywhere but between 10 and 2 on the dial face as it causes too much stress on the hand when it flys back to 12.

RG

:o

I tend to run the chrono closer to 12 so it's (in my mind) easier to reset... guess I should let it run til 9 instead :o

I thought he rule was always reset when it's farther from 12? Or is that a quartz rule or something?

No No No, listen to The Zigmeister the master, of course he's right.

You should reset the chrono anwhere between 10 oclock position and 2 oclock position. Even better strat the chrono again and let it run to the 12 oclock position and then stop and reset, this way this is no (or very little) stress on the chrono second hand and so much less chance of the chrono second hand slipping.

If you reset the chrono second hand, say from the 6 oclock position, then theres lots of stress on this hand when it flies back into the 12 oclock position and suddenly stops you can imagine the stress its under.

If you want to avoid the chrono second hand from slipping, always RESET CLOSEST TO 12 OCLOCK

Hopes this helps

Thanks

Joe