When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ceramic Planet Ocean 42mm... Loving it!

seraphe

another member posted pics of his 45mm a day or 2 ago and the crystal AR looks amazing...a new batch maybe? who knows...but yea sending it for a coating is an option, id prefer the 45mm too, but the pics ive seen of the 42mm are damn sexy!

No change yet, what you're seeing is pics in different lighting, I've been asked a few times in PM if the 45mm AR is as bad as 'I made out' :) I'll stick by what I said originally that the watch is great but the 45mm AR is nowhere near the gen or the 42mm rep. ...i.e. it has almost no anti-reflective properties whatsoever, just a slight blue tint on certain angles.

As it is, it is still a great watch but I'm still hoping the factories do something with it (make it the same AR as the 42mm!)... in the long run as I'd hate to think we see it as acceptable that they coat one version and not the other. At the end of the day it's up to people what they are happy with.

AR is one of those things that is hard to compare 1:1 in pics, but overall when the 45mm has AR similar to the 42mm then we will notice that 'no crystal effect' much much more.

btw seraphe great pics, the watch looks superb! 

Cougar I agree you are correct! Andrew has told me the second batch is coming soon with correct AR. He is working with the factory to get a free upgrade for those who have purchased the first batch but expect at least a two to three month turn around :(

• Like 1

Thanks. I love it to the max.

I have no knowledge about the AR quality or such, but I'd say the AR on this 42mm off the shelf looks amazing. My wife, who's a non-watch person, actually noticed this watch and commented it's very nice. I believe she's referring to the AR quality when she noticed the quality of the dial while outdoor. Needless said, it's amazing especially indoor. 

I'm actually waiting for the 45.5mm Ti version so hopefully the 2nd batch can sort out the AR part and the height of the pearl.