When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best ROLEX GMT MASTER Ceramic

dilingeri

Could somebody help and tell me which is the current TOP VERSION of GMT MASTER II Ceramic? I've done some research in this forum. Read great reviews and comparisons. Problem is that , as time passes new versions come out and i m kind of confused. For example i found a best version from two different TD's here and one mentioned it as 1. Asian movement (Nickel Plated Asia Clone (Rolex 3186) Automatic, 25J, 28800 bph ) , priced 326,00$ , while the other mentioned it as 2. Swiss movement (Swiss Eta 2836-2 Automatic movement) , priced 358,00$ The price difference isn't much, if its about the Asian vs Swiss movement. (In IWC Asian vs Swiss movement is huge difference) double or triple price. How many versions has GMT Master reached? I only see V2. And finally where can i find it SUOERLUMED? Thank you guys ( hope i m not busting balls) with all the "best edition thread issue"

Andrew's description for 0083 does not specifically indicate that the cyclops is AR'd, but it is in the pics at the bottom. However, the pics include 2 watches, 1 with AR & the other without it & he does not say whether the AR'd watch is a new rep or a gen for comparison. Also, the AR'd watch looks to have the correct handstack order & his description does say the GMT is independently adjustable. If 0083 does have proper AR on the cyclops & the correct handstack order, this would be a definite move in the right direction.

Freddy, If the GMt hand is independently adjustable, that would be the same movement or module as the old watches,right? My GMT IIc has an ETA 2836 and it's got and independently adjustable GMT hand. If they come up with a Correct hand stack and  a sdjustable hour hand, that woulr really be a killer!!!

Yes. There is a thread here somewhere that contains a short video I made showing how the GMT function on my rep works (you can probably search it out), but, due to its finicky movement, it is best not use the GMT function.

Interesting. The new CHS movements don't do that, but on the other hand they seem much more robust.

Yes. There is a thread here somewhere that contains a short video I made showing how the GMT function on my rep works (you can probably search it out), but, due to its finicky movement, it is best not use the GMT function.

It's too bad they could not solve the problems of that movement,that would be a great movement to build a "correct" GMTIIC or a 16710. You can build a pretty close rep of both of thoes, but in most cases, the ICHS is a sure tell to anyone who is familiar with the genuine models.

Maybe with the 3135 clones coming out, someone will build a reliable GMT version of the movement.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I'm a newbie to this forum and I've been looking for a rep 116710 for the past couple of months. I saw a lot of "TT", "BK", "Andrew", "Josh" all of which I don't know/understand. Can anyone point to me a website/thread/email address and help me out? :bangin:

And lastly, does anyone know about this? http://www.classywatches.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=295_429&products_id=1551

They even have a youtube video of the watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Edz8X9bec

I appreciate any kind of help I can get :)

Hello! I'm a newbie to this forum and I've been looking for a rep 116710 for the past couple of months. I saw a lot of "TT", "BK", "Andrew", "Josh" all of which I don't know/understand. Can anyone point to me a website/thread/email address and help me out? :bangin:

And lastly, does anyone know about this? http://www.classywatches.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=295_429&products_id=1551

They even have a youtube video of the watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Edz8X9bec

I appreciate any kind of help I can get :)

TT and Andrew are the same dealer. They are on the trusted dealer section.

Andrew is Perfect Clones. Trusted dealer section.

BK is BKLM. Trusted dealer section.

TT and Andrew are the same dealer. They are on the trusted dealer section.

Andrew is Perfect Clones. Trusted dealer section.

BK is BKLM. Trusted dealer section.

So I just shoot them a PM? Do you know how transactions with them normally work? What about pictures of the watch?

Thanks for your quick response!

So I just shoot them a PM? Do you know how transactions with them normally work? What about pictures of the watch?

Thanks for your quick response!

Andrew and Josh have websites.

You email or PM BK.

I have a GMT IIc I got from Joshua about 6 months ago. Pretty nice watch but the bezel insert numbers are WAY too thin, and the insert itself is a grayish black - really bugs me.

Is there a more true to gen bezel insert I could buy that's not very expensive?

Sorry for thread diversion.

I have a GMT IIc I got from Joshua about 6 months ago. Pretty nice watch but the bezel insert numbers are WAY too thin, and the insert itself is a grayish black - really bugs me.

Is there a more true to gen bezel insert I could buy that's not very expensive?

I recall seeing some 'ceramic' aftermarket GMT inserts for sale on ebay a month or so ago, but I think the seller may have been our old friend, Mr. Slimeball. So buyer beware.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys ,

Which maker is the best for the GMT Master Ceramic? (especially Two-Tone or YG)?

Super confusing

Indeed Andrew says now that the 

ROLGMT085 is the best version

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=9543

although

ROLGMT029 

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=5758

and

ROLGMT021D

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=3428

Seem to be the ultimate super maximun ultra best version.

How can one judge finally?

And BP or noob factory? ( i. e puretime, timeshop etc.)

And what is this with the serials? M , V, Z SERIAL? WHATS THE DIFFERENCE AND THEY MENTION IT?

Thanks ,

D.

Edited by dilingeri