When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Mark Series - which one

what2

Looking to get an IWC after only messing with rolex reps, I'm familiar with most of the rep dealers. Where would the IWC experts suggest I order something like this:

9210359090011-07_zps0a340fe4.jpg

the series is not that important, more after the dial and hands look.

The most recent offerings of the Mark XVI and Mark XVII are very good. 

Puretimes site, puretime.co,  is unfortunately down since Chinese New year, but I believe the cartel-dealers also have these. (F. ex. Trustytime at http://www.ttw168.com). Trusty also has a Mark XV-rep. 

These can be had with Asian 2892, which is a Chineese version of the same movement as the originals. They can also be had with 2824/2836 movements which are cheaper and in my experience more reliable. However, these are thicker movements, so it adds to the height. 

I have just bought the new XVII, and might be interested in selling my old, serviced XVI. It is reviewed in this review. send me a PM if it is of interest. 

Or, if you like the style and would prefer a good quality gen, you can search for an used Eddie Platt Speedbird. They are excellent value. 

Edited by chrgod
  • Like 1

I know the is a V2 of the XVI and the XVII are great. Good AR and sturdy movement after service. I would opt for chrgod's watch if you have the opportunity because servicing a movement is almost a must these days when I see the quality that is comming from the factories lately.