When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

In love with the 372

HauteHippie

Chief- Did you pick one up? I really like that piece as well - the "Fiddy with in-house movement". I have been trying to find a way to justify buying one since it came out but it is just too close to the Fiddy and both are too large fore me as an every day wearer., :)

Actually, it's on hold until today....  I almost walked out of the mall with it last night, but was also having trouble with the justification.  And then I saw what looked like a 233 (forgot to check the number) and I started to figure the price differential was reasonably small for a lot more watch...  So, we will see . . . .

• 2 weeks later...

Chief, I agree with yo. I sold my 127 and want to replace it with the  372. It simply is one of the best looking Pams out there. Where did you get your beauty?

I'm with Trooper on this.  The 372 is nice, but I just can get more of a 'meh' from myself out of it.  It's not like Panerai has been milking their WW2 and 50's era models for the last fifteen years. 

My biggest beef with it is its paltry depth rating.  Panerai supposedly made dive watches, right?  If that's the company's thing, they should make the depth ratings 1000m just on principle.  With a case that thick and that wide, it should be trivial. 

They can and do make more interesting models. 

One watch that has had me on the fence for a long time....I almost sold off most of my collection just to have this one piece,,,,then something stopped me.....I didn't like some of the reviews of the inhouse movement....rusted screws...timing issues and worst,,,panerai didn't seem to want to service these even when it looked like it was design issues or part issues. However,,,one of those pieces you can buy at a good price...keep for a few months and sell without much loss....so..still on my list if I suddenly fall into money.