When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO MH Strap from HKTan

As soon as I paid for my AP ROO MH, I immediately contacted HKTan to order a hornback strap.
From my limited time and knowledge here, I gathered that he is the man to go for AP Hornback Strap.
Luckily, all the time I spent here actually pays off.
Today, I received an amazing strap from Aaron.
Mind you that I have seen the gen MH Hornback Strap. And IMHO, Aaron's strap can be passed as gen easily.
I will let the pictures do the talking.

Some pics of the gen white rubber strap I bought while waiting for the one from Aaron arrived.
(I might sell this since the hornback looks too awesome and expensive; the white rubber looks a bit too boyband-ish)

MH_GENWRUBBER_zpsa35edd29.jpg

Here comes THE MH hornback strap:

MH_HKTAN_zpsbb316d7e.jpg

Upper part ( Hornback is big and centered):
MH_HKUPPER_zps2ff6cf4d.jpg

Lower part (Also big and centered):
MH_HKLOWER_zpsf6fcba11.jpg

Full view:
MH_HKFULL_zps8bc479cb.jpg

As you can see, the hornbacks line up in the middle. I don't quite know how to make sure that this is a one piece leather/hornback or stitched up.
If I have to choose between one piece strap that has a small tilted hornback to this, I will take this everytime.
But I think this is a one piece anyway. If it is not, then Aaron is a jedi master in strap making.

Here's the wristshot:

MH_WRWRISTSHOT_zpsaa3697b3.jpg

MH_HKWRISTSHOT_zps17e97fb2.jpg

I agree with you: HKtan straps are amazing. I have 4 of them (for my Volcano, my Grey Themes, my MH and for my Safari) and all of them are stunning. Best quality/price ratio in the market. I never had issues with Aaron; in fact, one time I didn't receive my strap and he sent me a new one. So his sevice is top notch. Some people has concerns about he's not using metallic bars, but I don't see the point to have them because Aaron's straps are extremely well manufactured and the strap stays firm connected to the case (the one used in my Volcano has 3 years of use and it's in perfect condition).