When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Now Available - Any interest in a RWG limited edition run of straps?

devilseam

I think to keep costs down I would be looking to go without a buckle. I'm getting excited about this project now, thanks for all the interest!

I'm also very excited about this! 

Maybe you can give people a choise, with or without buckle? And that will influent the price of course ;)

• 1 month later...

*Update* I have had a couple of PM's about this so thought I would provide an update, I have decided to stick with the original plan of a 24mm strap, I know the vote was split between that and a 20/16 rolex strap, but I feel as though as a starting point the 24mm idea is easier to bring to fruition, I may well do a second run depending on the success of the first batch.

So I have just received the leather, its english cow hide and the colour is antique tan, I have attached a close up picture below to show the lovely aged look. It is one of the nicest hides I have bought and its what I would like to use for the RWG Members strap.

Thickness of each strap will be 4mm, as discussed it will be 24mm and will not taper. Stitch colour will be butterscotch, its a similar colour to the leather and I think will look very nice. Standard open stitching and double foating keepers.

Each strap will be stamped RWG DS (devilseam) on the rear.

The cost for each strap will be £39. This will include PP and delivery worldwide. I will also make a donation to RWG of £3 per strap.

Brushed or Polished pre v buckles can be added for an additional £6. (a further £1 donation to RWG)

I am going to limit this run to 20 straps. Each strap will be numbered 1-20.

The strap will be presented in one of my presentation tins and will include a Devilseam window sticker.

My plan is to complete a strap and take some good quality photos, then I will take orders via PM or devilseam@mail.com

Thanks for your time, I will update the thread again with pictures soon.

That's it mate you look after the Pam nuts and leave us Rollie guys out in the cold, we have feelings too ya know  :vava:  count me in as soon as the 20mm starts  :partytime:  Good on ya !  

Sorry mate! :bangin:

• 1 month later...

Bump!

How is this project going?

Funny you should post that today!

UPDATE

Ok, here we go. I had a change of heart about the colour/leather. I ended up getting a nice olive green hide that I thought was a nicer feel and look. So I went with it, im now in a position to take orders for this strap, limited to 13 straps and only available to RWG members.

The leather is extra soft and supple, I wanted the strap to be comfortable as well as look good and I hope I have achieved both. The colour started as an olive green, however I burnished it slightly to darklen the colour a little. The result is a dark olive green/oak brown that I think looks great.

The strap has been finished with Carnuaba cream, this gives a nice matte finish and will increase the lifespan of the leather.

Stitch colour is natural.

All 12 straps will be 24mm and your choice of 125/75, 130/80 or 135/85.

One sewn in and one floating keeper.

5mm thick

All straps stamped RWG on the rear and numbered 1-13.

Comes in a presentation tin as shown in the pics.

Optional Brushed or Polished Pre V buckle available.

The price is £39 per strap which includes a £3 donation to RWG and postage worldwide. Buckles priced at £6 each with a £1 donation to RWG.

The straps are all semi complete, so delivery will be 7-10 days from date of order.

Please PM me to order and I will add your name to the list which will be posted in this thread.

Strap number 1 is mine and is currently on my 243.

I hope that the initial interest shown is still strong, as im down a fair bit at the moment! Without further ado here are some pics:

20130612_203905_zps5fe6e26f.jpg

20130612_203847_zps42838aaa.jpg

20130612_203819_zps35707c37.jpg

20130612_203742_zpsae2a07fa.jpg

20130612_203725_zps890e0f33.jpg

20130612_203531_zps6dd11131.jpg

20130612_203923_zpsc5850ca8.jpg

20130612_204731_zps5941bb65.jpg

20130612_204737_zps1fe65211.jpg

Ah, my reply here was one of the ones lost.

Love the straps but can you do one with RWG on the outside? I can't see the point of hiding it on the inside where no one can see it (or is everyone ashamed of being an RWG member?)

And would it be possible to also get RWG etched onto a chrome buckle? (Pwetty please!)

Ah, my reply here was one of the ones lost.

Love the straps but can you do one with RWG on the outside? I can't see the point of hiding it on the inside where no one can see it (or is everyone ashamed of being an RWG member?)

And would it be possible to also get RWG etched onto a chrome buckle? (Pwetty please!)

Hi fraggle,

I can stamp the outside if thats your preferance. No problem.

I looked in to the buckle idea and although i agree it would be cool the cost was high due to the small number required.

Ok, I'll take one.

Size 135/85 with buckle and the RWG logo and serial no punched into the outside of the strap please.

If we can have a choice can you make my serial number 13 please? Nothing to do with luck, just a personal significance.

I'm on holiday at the mo with limited Internet access, but please do PM me payment details and I'll sort it out somehow.

• 2 weeks later...