When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Montblanc Timewalker 7753 with OstriX Supreme strap

ricardmg

Hi to all! finally I do a review... The protagonists are: Montblanc Timewalker Chrono-7753, purchased to Ryan less than a month ago. OstriX SupremE, brandy brown genuine ostrich strap selfmade (didymoStrapS) Well, before this Timewalker, I already had the previous version 7750 Chrono. In the new version with 7753 movement, the datewheel is much closer to the dial, while not completely sunk as all 7750 chronos with datewheel at 4.30. Also takes a pretty decent AR (green), resembling to GEN, which gives a much more 'credible' than the previous 7720 version without AR. The subdials are somewhat sunken on the dial than the previous version. My impression is that this dial is 'stuck' to the GEN, not yet having found no significant difference. Regarding the case, is much better finished, especially in the 'Montblanc stars' is in the 4 handles. The backside is identical to the previous one, having corrected the 4810 501 number in the rotor to 4810 502. The movement is very fine, and finally the date change button at 10... 'works'!! yeahhh!! They have also added some lume, nothing spectacular (like the GEN, which is neither) but at least something has, unlike the previous version was not wearing ... I bought this watch with steel bracelet, which gives you a breathtaking majesty when you take it, although I've done a strap to dress as you can see in the pics. The strap is my new creation, the Supreme OstriX, brandy brown genuine ostrich. Just have to say that is my favorite strap and... I'll not sell it! Here are the pics ... MB1.jpgMB2.jpgMB3.jpgMB4.jpgMB5.jpgMB6.jpgMB7.jpgMB8.jpgMB9.jpg Thanks for looking!! ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I can attest to the awesomeness of this watch. Purchased it some months back and immediately my love for it was justified.

Unfortunately, due to the substandard materials used to make Asian movements, a pinion broke while MD2020 was servicing it a couple months ago.

He's been trying to find a replacement pinion for a couple months now with no success.

At this point, I miss it so much I'm thinking about just having him send it back as is... That's if my next update (whenever I get one) doesn't sound more hopeful.