When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need info on the cheap 1655 that Andre/Joshau are selling.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Hey R, You got a 1655 itch ;) I believe mate that the Asian 2813 is a copy of the eta 2824 therefore a slowbeat movement. Might be an issue if you where looking to upgrade hands etc but I'd need one of the experts to confirm this. The good news is that the ingod dial will fit the case which is a cheap upgrade over the standard dial and the mk2 matches the serial number on these cases which is for 1972 if i remember rightly 

Cheers M

The movement listed in both Andrew and Joshua's "cheap" 1655 is a 21j DG2813. The DG 2813 is not a GMT movement, but the movement itself is the same as a DG3804B without the GMT parts.  Looking at the movement in person, it is a 21j DG3804B. I suppose the factories could save a buck by buying DG2813 and converting then to GMT, but that really makes little sense. Even the rotor is that of the DG3804B, so my guess is that they are DG3804B movements and just misnamed in the descriptions. I have two brand new movements from Trusty with dials/hands as they came out of the watch on my desk, one from a 1655 and the other from a 16570, and they are identical to the DG3804B I have from Otto Frei. 

The movement listed in both Andrew and Joshua's "cheap" 1655 is a 21j DG2813. The DG 2813 is not a GMT movement, but the movement itself is the same as a DG3804B without the GMT parts.  Looking at the movement in person, it is a 21j DG3804B. I suppose the factories could save a buck by buying DG2813 and converting then to GMT, but that really makes little sense. Even the rotor is that of the DG3804B, so my guess is that they are DG3804B movements and just misnamed in the descriptions. I have two brand new movements from Trusty with dials/hands as they came out of the watch on my desk, one from a 1655 and the other from a 16570, and they are identical to the DG3804B I have from Otto Frei. 

Would you know if the GMT hand is independently adjustable on the DG3804B?

Guest zeleni kukuruz

It's maybe a cheap ass movement, but the fact is that it is a very good and solid movement :1a: . It's a real gmt movement and its perfect for the 1675 builds a real work hourse at least the ones i orderd from Perrin.