When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best 16610....

rolexrob

The reason that you aren't getting the answer you are looking for is because there isn't one. Best is subjective and so it's up to you do find one that you think is best not anyone else. Advise would be to search the forum for that model, you'll find plenty reps and builds, once you find one that you like order it or in the case of a build pm the guy who made it. Tell him that you love what he did and that you want to try to do the same, 9 out of 10 times the member will be happy to help you through Pm's to get you on the right track, rest is up to you. If you need help along the way, we're here for you.

At this point in time there are only two really good 16610s out there that I'm aware of.

1 is the TC sub and the other is the BK TW best.

Other models like the WM9, Euromariner, and PT sub are out of production AFAIK

Noobmariners don't count in my mind since they don't take gen parts like these later models do. 

The Sean sub is good and people are doing cool builds with the ST3135 case, but these aren't as popular as the BK and TC subs. 

As others have said, TC and BK build the most accurate 16610's. With BK, you can pick up a few genuine parts or ask if he can source and have him put it into the build. With TC, you will have to find your own watchmaker unless you are handy. Alternatively, you can always pick up a nicely modded used BK or TC 16610 on the sales forum.

Seconding what alligoat said,  I would try to find a TC or a BK build 16610. I had a BK/WM9 16610 and next to my genuine 16610, it was so close that it would take and expert to tell them apart. Mine had a genuine Crown and insert.  

And in defense of those guys who gave you short answers, your question is asked here on almost a daily basis. At least you joined, paid your dues and want information after reading some. We get a tremendous number of folks who cruise thru here, never join, want all sorts of information about the best this or the best that, they probably buy a watch, and then they disappear never to be heard from again. Both Alligoat have been here since the first or second day this forum started, over 7 years ago. Believe me it gets a little tiresome answering the same questions that could be easily answered with a little research. Welcome aboard!!