When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where is Toadtorrent?

jmarin.72

There are a lot of old guys who move on for one reason or another.  I was a member on the rep scene back in 2004 for example, and only just getting back into the swing of things.

Here's hoping he's alright brother.

Edited by SSTEEL

Same with me, I was back on the old TRC from around 2003-04, until it closed down, came over here about a day after this forum opened up in 2006, stayed active for a couple of years and then completely got out of reps, probably until around 2010. bought a couple, started getting stuff modded again, and here  I am.

I'm one of those folks who's interest in a particular hobby sort of waxes and wanes.  I get really involverd, and then at some point in time, I sort of start losing interest. Years ago, I was very active in English Cocker Field trials. Participated on the first modern one in 1993 and stayed very active until 2002. I was talking to the National Field Representative for the American Kennel Club about participation, and he told me that AKC had done a pretty exhaustive study in conjunction with other sports organizations, they found that the average serious participation length for almost any sport/hobby was 7 years. That included Golf, Tennis, Running,Showing Dogs, almost everything had pretty close to the same numbers.  I see no reason why our hobby would be any different. 

What you have learned is true panerai, I too fall into that category my friend. I used to train Siberian Huskies back in the day, and reps was my sideline hobby.  Things change such as life mate.