When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Help Please! Franken ROO ----> Rubberclad

Esavy

need your help please. I'm currently modding my Franken White themes and changing it into the white themes rubberclad model. My rubber bezel just arrived and my watchsmith was trying to replace it from the Steel bezel that's on the watch currently. However he is saying that the rubber "gasket" that goes under the bezel does not fit with the new rubber bezel?? Did anyone run into this problem? Is there a different gasket for the rubberclad models? Here's a picture

0115FE5F-E74F-49D4-B146-4F123BBC5BD4-170

What my watchmaker is saying is that the inside of the steel bezel is round inside. But the rubber bezel has an octogan shape and doesn't fit the gasket correctly? Please if you have any advice I would appreciate it!

Edited by Esavy

Thanks for the replies guys :) he's gonna try and cut it to fit. In not concerned about waterproofing as it will be on a AP hornback anyway. Hopefully all will go well

Let us know if your watchsmith had succesful in modding the rubberclad.

I do have a franken and plan to put the rubber bezel too.

Thank you

Sent from my iPad

Very nice combo.
I noticed that the bezel screws have not the same hight. The ones at 10, 2 and 4 are lower than the rest.
For me this is always a big tell.

You can solve this by putting some small dial washers under it to raise them. You probably can also use some
aluminum foil. ;)