When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Info about AP and Rolex ETA movement

ressmeplz

What do you mean "mounts"?  and what do you mean why do they put a day date movement in a sub? ETA 2836 movts arent daydate movements. If i remember corectly eta 2834 is a daydate movt. 

Eta 2836-2 is a daydate movement, look at eta site ;)

Btw, my english isn't so good, by "mounts" I mean "the movement they have inside"

Most Rolex Subs use the 2836-2 movement because that movement comes standard with a taller canon pin set than the 2824-2 and they just remove the day wheel. It gives more clearance for the hands on the dial markers. No big thing.

Tnx a lot ;)

Btw, my english isn't so good, by "mounts" I mean "the movement they have inside

Even I got that ;)

Besides the taller canon pinion It''s bases on availability. As he 2824 and 2836 are almost the exact same apart from the aded day function on the 2836 they use what ever they can get their hands on. When it comes to quality both movements are the same.

• Like 1

It''s bases on availability. As he 2824 and 2836 are almost the exact same apart from the aded day function on the 2836 they use what ever they can get their hands on. When it comes to quality both movements are the same.

So, for example, I can switch my 2836 with my 2824, if I change the dateweel?

tnx

It is also a money thing in manufacturing, if you design lots of watches, day date, date no date, gmt around one movement then you simplify the manufacturing process and the stock holding by only needing one movement type.

it happens alot, take for example the BMW X1, they  all have the same engine, software ect but it is not set up the same in all models, so in principle they bult the same car just the power is swiched higher in some models. 

Apparently the VW group WILL start fitting and building all cars the same, GPS, traction control, power ect you just pay to have it made available to you, I am sure there will be a big market in Jailbraking cars soon

• Like 1