When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor should have its own section

aeromatic

My dearest friend aero...i wouldn't agree less n u have my YES  4 a new section about tudors. This brand should b separated from rolex area just because...n that's my humble opinion...the use of eta movements on most fine projects is much closer to the gen tudor itself. Here r my fantasy tuds saying hello to all. Fantasy yes, but fantastic on t wrist.Hey stanislas...does this no guard remind u of something? I wonder who stole who's idea for a ceramic bezel insert...LOL :Jumpy:  Believe me man...this project was finished 4 months ago n i saw your's just minutes ago...wow! ...great work :clap3: 

untitled.jpg

Hi Mate , Great subs!!! Regarding stole...  :)  just look carefully on page - 1 Big Dazza post... Tudor rose dial.. ;), than look at my...  Just want to say- my first reps in my life  and first Tudors made by that Great Man!!! :clap2: , and 70% of all my watches with his help!!! He is Real Tudor and watches Guru !!! So questions of intelectual property you could discuss directly with him  :inverted:  Anyway my respect to all members who discuss this topic and especially Aeromatic  :1a: Great discussion!!!! Cool Tudors!!!! 

• Like 1

Stanislas, My dear friend george loiz was only joking about (stolen idea ceramic ect you made his day now he knows that other members like custom build too he is a custom builder by heart just loves em, thanks for your input and your super tuds keep them coming !

Hi Watchmeister thanks for your reply and thoughts ! rep makers never seem to bother making tudors so we all appreciate this amazing forum where members can share there projects seek help and build amazing tudors

In the past the admin team has always debated long and hard before adding another section as the opening and brand pages pages of the web site can quickly become too cluttered. My initial thought when I read this is that Tudor is a subsidiary brand of Rolex and that in truth beyond a few vintage models there aren't a lot of new developments. I do love seeing the projects when people show them of course. Other than iterations of already existing vintage models (snowflakes, roses, and baseball plate models) does anyone anticipate there will be newer models that are coming out? This is my 2 cents and not based on any discussion by the admin team.

Hi Mate , Great subs!!! Regarding stole...  :)  just look carefully on page - 1 Big Dazza post... Tudor rose dial.. ;), than look at my...  Just want to say- my first reps in my life  and first Tudors made by that Great Man!!! :clap2: , and 70% of all my watches with his help!!! He is Real Tudor and watches Guru !!! So questions of intelectual property you could discuss directly with him  :inverted:  Anyway my respect to all members who discuss this topic and especially Aeromatic  :1a: Great discussion!!!! Cool Tudors!!!!

Dear sir...dazza is really BIG! ;)  We all should be inspired by great makers n try to reach them. Enioy n good heath to all

Thanks for your replies guys, this post was not meant to demand a tudor section just to see what everyone interested in this brand thinks and i would imagine that moving old tudor posts to another section would be a time consuming task !  thanks again .

There has been some talk that Tudor will reintroduce their watches in the USA. that could well increase Tudors exposure and base. Frankly, the new ones that have been introduced in the past few years don't do anything for me. I'm a big fan of the vintage models, but the contemporary ones leave me pretty cold. 

I certainly see your point about the addition of another brand section. i believe that it would be easier to justify if it were a completely seperate brand, rather than a watch "family" within another brand. If brand forums were opened without a great deal of consideration, i could see the forums brand section 2 pages long with 50-75 brands. What happens then is very evident on WUS. Practically every notable (And some not so notable!!) brand is represented in either the official brand or regular brand forum. Problem is some of the less well known brands may have just a few people who post on a reguar basis, and then usually when a new model is released. Case in point, I went to the Ocean7 forum on WUS last night,the last post htere was 10 days old. Sometimes there is a flurry of activity when a popular new model is announced or about to be introduced. once it's out and in the hands of folks within a fairly short time, the posting goes back to the routine of a few posts  per week. Pretty hard to justify a brand forum if it's not going to be utilized any more than some are over on WUS.

In the past the admin team has always debated long and hard before adding another section as the opening and brand pages pages of the web site can quickly become too cluttered. My initial thought when I read this is that Tudor is a subsidiary brand of Rolex and that in truth beyond a few vintage models there aren't a lot of new developments. I do love seeing the projects when people show them of course. Other than iterations of already existing vintage models (snowflakes, roses, and baseball plate models) does anyone anticipate there will be newer models that are coming out? This is my 2 cents and not based on any discussion by the admin team.

I have read on other fora that there will be a new 1:1 Tudor Black Bay rep, and if successful possibly a Pelagos rep after that.  There has also been a push lately for more vintage Rolex and Tudor reps.  I am mostly interested in all the individual Tudor builds since there are no "Factory" builds.  What a better venue to show off individual accomplishments. :g:

Tudor should have it's own place here on RwG   ;)  we have so many collectors of the brand and I've seen some cracking builds on here backed up with great knowledge of the individual pieces, let's do it now if we can before the new Black Bay and the Pelagos come out cause they are gonna be huge sellers  :inverted:  my 2c anyway.........................some pics..

I want one...........please....

8388501839_5625bd1411_b_zpsf6a657e1.jpg

and this..............

sfrope.jpg

IMG_1776_zpsca2deb69.jpg

IMG_1527_zps636c7e40.jpg

8070461183_6fedaaf090_b2_zps924dca3a.jpg

Tudor1.jpg

IMG_1679_zps4f135503.jpg

Think I might have a Tudor problem........

• Like 1