When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swiss ETA 7750

panerai153

I'm not a poster over on this forum, the only IWC I own is a white dial 14k gold genuine Calatrava. I've had several including a fleigerchronograph, which looks very much like the 3717. Since  I don't own anything that takes a 7750 movement, therein lies my dilemma. I recently bought a Swiss ETA 7750, not realizing that the registers were in the wrong position. I really need a 7753 which has the registers @ 3,6,9. The 7750 i have is 12,6,9., which won't work for the build I'm doing. I have a couple of questions as I suspect most of the IWC chronos use the 12,6,9 configuration, you guys would know the answers.First is it possible to change the subdial positions, at a reasonable cost, or would i be better off just selling this movement and  buying a 7753 "tricompax". And second is their a market for a brand new 7750 to use as a build to replace the A7750's

As far as I know it is not really possible to mod the movement. I think the best would be to sell and buy a 7753

thanks Andy, That unfortunately was what I was afraid of. i think the best best is to do as you said, sell it, chalk it up to stupididity for not reading and doing my research before buying. I have already ordered a 7753, hopefully it will be on the way in a couple of days. they aren't cheap, that's for sure!!

First is it possible to change the subdial positions, at a reasonable cost

No

or would i be better off just selling this movement and  buying a 7753 "tricompax".

Yep

And second is their a market for a brand new 7750 to use as a build to replace the A7750's

Yep! Shouldn't have a problem selling it.

thanks Andy, That unfortunately was what I was afraid of. i think the best best is to do as you said, sell it, chalk it up to stupididity for not reading and doing my research before buying. I have already ordered a 7753, hopefully it will be on the way in a couple of days. they aren't cheap, that's for sure!!

No they are not, you can get an asian one from cousins UK for just over 100 UKP but it does not have the date function

No they are not, you can get an asian one from cousins UK for just over 100 UKP but it does not have the date function

Andy,

I'm going with the Swiss ET. I ordered one from Ofrei yesterday. i'm not too sure about the A7750's.  iseem to remember at one time Ziggy wouldn't work on them, possibly they have improved and are more reliable now . The watch I'm building is a pre-Daytona 6238, so I'm wanting to put a good movement in it, as the rest is still costing me a good bit.I'm looking for something to keep for myself.

Are sure that this will fit in the case for a datona with the non date set up but a date movement, i am thinking back of dial and stem depth? and then if you remove the date whels and date surround to close the gap then the hands pinions will be too long?

Andy, not sure, but this case is specifically for a 7750 mvmt. DW removes the rotor to fit the case. Everyone who builds these also removes the auto wind mechanism as well. I contacted ziggy and he didn't express any reservations about the build. I got the case from denimhead and he also told me a Tricompax 7750 was the correct mvmt. We'll see pretty soon.case is here, dial and movement are in transit.