When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

question for rolex vintage experts..which 1665 dial is this?

chronobam

"That's" a very nice looking dial brother.

Congrats !!

thanks mate, but i dont know where it comes from..its strange that has cut feet on the back..and before cut the feet position seems was for a gen movement..so may be that is an aftermarket dial..anyone knows if mbw 1665 has sign ''singer'' on the back as the 2nd pics?

The cut feet would indicate it was possibly going to be installed on a mvt other than the gen.

I don't know alot about the 16660 SD's but Singer and Beyeler were prominent dial plate manufacturers back in that era.

I've no idea if it's original or a refinish but it "is" a genuine dial plate.

I would bet that the dial is at least a refinished gen. that blank is a gen blank. Someone cut the dial feet off to use witha non genuine movement. Go over to the VintageRolex Forum and look at the Rolex Dial archives

http://www.network54.com/Forum/538134/ this is the page for White SD dials, they have other pages for a whole lot of other model Rolex dials as well.

def an MBK dial

thank for the info mate

and mbk/mbw dial comes with cut feet?so the dial was glue on the rep movement? its very strange for me that a rep mont gen feet on back of the dial..and its strange also the sig ''singer'' on the back...

Edited by chronobam

thanks for precious infos guys!

i am just workin on my sd 1665 project...in your opinion is better to use this dial or a yuki/ingod dial? i have hust bought gen insert and gen t39 plexi-glass...

Edited by chronobam

thanks for precious infos guys!

i am just workin on my sd 1665 project...in your opinion is better to use this dial or a yuki/ingod dial? i have hust bought gen insert and gen t39 plexi-glass...

There.are better white SD dials out there. I'm not sure how good the ingod dials are for the SD, Maybe Freddy can chime in about sourcing a dial, he has a great DRSD dial on his 1665.

• 3 weeks later...