When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hi Newb Looking to Buy

Hi all, im Jamie from the UK and i'm currently looking to buy my first replica watch! 

After extensive searching via google (turning up all sorts of crap) i finally found a couple of sites i felt presented there self well enough to gain my trust..

w w w.iparadisiac.c o/

w w w.perfectwatches.h k/

Put off by what seamed basically the same site at two addresses (reason?) i began researching this site (iparadisiac) i got extremely negative and positive responses alike, confused i carried on searching and found this guy.

w w w.watchesbyjames.n e t/

He gave gleaming reviews on the stated site (a little too often) convinced he was affiliated with the site one way or another i carried on my search which led me here posting this thread.

The watch i wanted to purchase can be found here..

w w w .iparadisiac.co/rolex-daytona-black-ion-plated-tachymeter-black-stainless-steel-strap-black-dial-80247.htm

I plan on slowly learning and building my collection so finally (after boring you with waffle and pissing off 100% of noob haters) my question is could anybody be kind enough to point me in the right direction to purchase my chosen first watch in a form that wont fall apart from a trust worthy dealer? 

Thanks in a hopeful advance 

Jamie

P.S. My apologies for the link post cheating 

Hi mate, welcome aboard! :)

Just have a look at the trusted dealers section here, all these listed dealers won't rip you off, but keep in mind... A rep can always be faulty, there MAY be some issues so best advice is to look out for a rep friendly watchsmith in your near.

Advice #2: stay away from Daytonas which have running seconds at 6 position. These modified A7750 movements are NOT reliable!!! No matter what a dealer will say, these are timebombs. Some will run for a few months, some will run maybe for a year, but they WILL break. Only a matter of time... Sadly, this kept me away from the beautiful Daytonas.

Better choose a Daytona model with seconds at 9 position: not gen-like, but way more reliable. Or consider buying a quartz... Not gen-like at all, but most reliable.

There are many threads about movements / reliability / sec@6 problem so I strongly suggest read about this before placing an order...

By the way, that one you're looking at is a 21j model, which means it has a cheap Asian movement and isn't really a chronometer at all. The large second hand is always going and the pushers just advance the other two sub dials. It's not anything like a gen Daytona and not really a what you would probably be happy with.

Welcome aboard mate. Like he said, this is a great place. Already you've got the main things to watch out for in a Daytona. There's a bunch of good folks here.