When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ghetto style inca-mod...

projectologist

YMMV but it kills me to pay a TD $80-100 for a piece of metal approximately 3mm in dia.  I'm not dissing dealers or modders as it's an awesome mod if you don't like messing with movements or DIY in general.

I just like tearing things apart and figuring out how they go back together.  And while it's in pieces, I like to see if I can make it closer to OEM finish-wise.

Next time I do this I'll polish the swan neck before putting it all back together.

Also, I cheated with the swan neck set screw by breaking it in half and re-installing from both sides spread apart internally to make it look a little longer.  Still enough threads in the swan neck to extend it more than in the pic

Next time I'll take more pics of the exact method and put a tutorial together. 

While macros will show that the bevel isn't quite as refined as OEM, it's still passable with casual viewing.

inca02-1.jpg

inca03.jpg

inca01.jpg

I wouldn't call it ghetto either. But you definitely learn from experience. :)

Thanks, by ghetto I meant the method used... it wasn't pretty :)

Very nice!<br /><br />What did you use to do the cutout?

I'll post a tutorial of the next one and after I figure out a more practical method of putting the pieces back together.

Nice job and i dont think everyone could do it without some previous experience. The balance spring is a very delicate part and if its bend or misshaped in the smallest way then your going to have a movt that runs out of sync. And when it comes to being ghetto, to be honest as long as you get the desired effect who cares how you put it together.  :clap2:

My method only requires removal of the swan neck, dagger and the retaining clips.  Mod is done with the inca-bloc system in place.  All that's removed is everything above it.  The balance spring is safe.

Edited by projectologist