When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW Daytona Build- Crystal needs glue?

buffedupboy

Nooooooooooooooo!  Stop!  Stop!  Never use CA with a crystal.  It out-gasses fumes that permanently fog up the crystal on the inside.

So you used CA/ Superglue on the crystal?....

I don't know what CA is, but I used Gorrila Glue:

gorillaglue.jpg

No fogging or anything, just great product! This is my goto glue~!

Gorilla Glue sux, It definitely sticks things together but it expands about 200%. I've used it on woodworking projects and hate it. You have to come back every 15 minutes and wipe away the excess that oozes out of the joint.

Gorilla Glue is the stuff of legends.  Amazing.  But it also expands dramatically if you use too much and oozes out the sides. 

Don't have any Gorilla Glue available?  Use that old-school expanding construction sealant that comes with a caulking gun.  It's essentially the same stuff.

Note:  DO NOT use a caulking gun to apply construction sealant to your Daytona crystal.

Question is do I glue the crystal and bezel in place?

Generally, no. But, in this case, you should either hunt around for a better fitting crystal (gens are always best, though you may then need to mod the bezel) or use UV glue.

The bezel is designed to fit tightly around the crystal & should be pressed onto the case, which forms a seal. As has been discussed ad nauseum, there is no real QC & little consistency among aftermarket parts. DW's cases are especially notorious for having ill-fitting components & causing constructors much grief.

Generally, no. But, in this case, you should either hunt around for a better fitting crystal (gens are always best, though you may then need to mod the bezel) or use UV glue.

The bezel is designed to fit tightly around the crystal & should be pressed onto the case, which forms a seal. As has been discussed ad nauseum, there is no real QC & little consistency among aftermarket parts. DW's cases are especially notorious for having ill-fitting components & causing constructors much grief.

+100000000000000000000000