When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone have news from TC

frcf

Sorry Guys,

I know thats not the better place to put this.

But I need some help. 

I bought one year ago, an TC VL sub type 1. I ask to TC to split in two packages, for customs reason. After some time I received the firts package. 

I'm trying to receive the last package, with dial, hands, crown and movement. But after many attempts and some replys of TC, he doesnt reply my emails anymore. I lost $$ in this transaction and dont know what to do.

Seems strange that, I had an email reply from him today.  It did take him a week to reply.  He is super busy, and he can miss emails quite easily, so I would recommend you email him again my friend.  

PM sent ;)

Seems strange that, I had an email reply from him today.  It did take him a week to reply.  He is super busy, and he can miss emails quite easily, so I would recommend you email him again my friend.  

PM sent ;)

Thank you ssteel. I also have him email.

Thats sad. He does not reply me, after 10 emails questioning him about the rest of the parts. He knows whats going on. Its about 3 months to resolve the problem. And nothing happenned. I dont have the watch. If you got some reply, please help me and tell him that I need the rest of the parts.

If you visit TC's site he gives a very detailed explanation on his communications issues. The biggest of which is, when he visits China the government firewall prevents him from sending/receiving email. He also addresses many of the problems you may be experiencing.

http://blog.tc-sub.com/

Well, so he live in China? I've been sent email everyday without any reply. He knows that I have a problem that need attention. I really dont know whats going on.

Be patient TC is a good guy he won't run off with your money or parts. He may not operate in a timely fashion that you may want or need but he is solid. Just hang tight and what I've learned in this hobby is patience pays off. I've waited almost a year to complete just one Franken and its been superb ever since. If you end up rushing a build you will not be as happy as if you waited patiently for the right parts to come.

Well, so he live in China? I've been sent email everyday without any reply. He knows that I have a problem that need attention. I really dont know whats going on.

Maybe you should try emailing him every 10 minutes  :bangin:

You've said (on another forum) that you 1) have a very complicated deal 2) have received parts, just not the correct ones 3) since you actually paid and had parts shipped and whatnot, it's only been a few months.

Yes, it's annoying that your issue has not been resolved yet. Bugging the hell out of TC probably isn't going to solve it any faster. Why don't you try calming down and waiting patiently?

I asked him to split the watch in two packages to avoid customs risk, and he said "ok, lets do this". In the first attempt, the packages was lost within the USA. in the second try, I've receive my first package (with one bracelet, watch case and crystal). The second package has arrived almost 1 month ago. The bad news is that I recieved the same parts that I already had (bracelet and watch case).

Just to make it more clear. You're right, but its not one year of waiting. Its more like one year trying to find a way to make it possible. To be reasonable, its more like 2 months trying to receive the rest of the parts.

In response to "where are you located":

Sometimes USA, sometimes Brazil.

I dont know what to do. He reply me 13 days ago

Note to self: never sell a watch to this guy

Ok, I got another email from Thomas about the V5 project, so replied, and mentioned you, and directed him to this thread ;)

Thank you SSTEEL!

Maybe you should try emailing him every 10 minutes  :bangin:

You've said (on another forum) that you 1) have a very complicated deal 2) have received parts, just not the correct ones 3) since you actually paid and had parts shipped and whatnot, it's only been a few months.

Yes, it's annoying that your issue has not been resolved yet. Bugging the hell out of TC probably isn't going to solve it any faster. Why don't you try calming down and waiting patiently?

Are you crazy? I never did that. If you ask TC he can say to you that I've been sent emails in about 4-15 days interval. The complicated part of the deal is not my fault! If you read carefully on other forum you will see my patience on trying to solve all the issue. 

In response to "where are you located":

Note to self: never sell a watch to this guy

Wow xenophobia here? Whats the big deal?

I had experience with tc before. As he really pick the email or member to reply I can say. I have email him since last year oct, till now I have not receive one reply from him! and if china ema is a problem, then why could he reply all other ppl email n not mine?

Some users dont get replys or are in waiting but my case is totally different. I've paid for the watch, full payment and I didnt received the item!

In your case, it is somewhat worrying to say the least, and I would of though TC would of been right onto you after I emailed him pointing him to this here thread, but alas, not.  If anyone has Thomas's phone number, PM it to the OP please, this needs sorting out asap.

Are you crazy?

No. Are you? You seem to be contradicting yourself a lot.

If you ask TC he can say to you that I've been sent emails in about 4-15 days interval.

But you said (three posts above)

I've been sent email everyday without any reply.

The complicated part of the deal is not my fault!

But you said

I asked him to split the watch in two packages to avoid customs risk

how can you say the complicated part of the deal is "not your fault" when you specifically asked him to ship to you in a complicated way?

Wow xenophobia here? Whats the big deal?

"Xenophobia"? WTF are you talking about?

You split your time between two different countries. I used to as well. I know for a fact that sometimes it's a pain in the ass to get your mail when you do that. I'd be in Switzerland for a month, and when I came back I'd have a slip saying I had a registered package the day after I left, but the post office only holds for 14 days so it got sent back. When you live between two different countries that adds even more complexity.

I've never bought anything from TC. From what people have said he seems to be a stand-up guy. Regardless, the facts are that you 1) asked for something quite complicated 2) it's clear he tried to accomodate you and 3) your freaking out isn't going to make anything get resolved any faster. If TC decided to rip you off emailing him every day isn't going to fix it. If TC just can't get to his email because he's travelling in China emailing him every day isn't going to fix it. If TC is just buried under a huge mountain of emails emailing him every day isn't going to fix it.

In your case, it is somewhat worrying to say the least, and I would of though TC would of been right onto you after I emailed him pointing him to this here thread, but alas, not.  If anyone has Thomas's phone number, PM it to the OP please, this needs sorting out asap.

Are you nuts? Crap like this is why so many dealers (and modders) crash and burn. 

From now on when I get PMs asking if I'll work on watches for money, I'm going to point people at this thread. It so perfectly explains why I don't usually bother.

Thanks SSTEEL. I'm not in a rush like you said, I'm waiting one year. And after the problem, 3 months. This is not 3 days or 3 hours.

No. Are you? You seem to be contradicting yourself a lot.

If you ask TC he can say to you that I've been sent emails in about 4-15 days interval.

But you said (three posts above)

The complicated part of the deal is not my fault!

But you said

I asked him to split the watch in two packages to avoid customs risk

how can you say the complicated part of the deal is "not your fault" when you specifically asked him to ship to you in a complicated way?

"Xenophobia"? WTF are you talking about?

You split your time between two different countries. I used to as well. I know for a fact that sometimes it's a pain in the ass to get your mail when you do that. I'd be in Switzerland for a month, and when I came back I'd have a slip saying I had a registered package the day after I left, but the post office only holds for 14 days so it got sent back. When you live between two different countries that adds even more complexity.

I've never bought anything from TC. From what people have said he seems to be a stand-up guy. Regardless, the facts are that you 1) asked for something quite complicated 2) it's clear he tried to accomodate you and 3) your freaking out isn't going to make anything get resolved any faster. If TC decided to rip you off emailing him every day isn't going to fix it. If TC just can't get to his email because he's travelling in China emailing him every day isn't going to fix it. If TC is just buried under a huge mountain of emails emailing him every day isn't going to fix it.

Are you nuts? Crap like this is why so many dealers (and modders) crash and burn. 

From now on when I get PMs asking if I'll work on watches for money, I'm going to point people at this thread. It so perfectly explains why I don't usually bother.

No, Im not nuts, but what is nuts is someone having to wait a year for their second package of a two package purchase of parts which are available.

No, Im not nuts, but what is nuts is someone having to wait a year for their second package of a two package purchase of parts which are available.

He says he only paid a few months ago

Just to make it more clear. You're right, but its not one year of waiting. Its more like one year trying to find a way to make it possible. To be reasonable, its more like 2 months trying to receive the rest of the parts.

Considering the fact that TC is traveling, and there have apparently been two attempts to ship this guy his watch, and two months seems pretty normal.

He says he only paid a few months ago

Considering the fact that TC is traveling, and there have apparently been two attempts to ship this guy his watch, and two months seems pretty normal.

You're wrong. I paid a year ago! Not 3 months ago!