When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Silver DW... need help identifying gen or rep?

phillycheez

So I just purchased a silver date wheel for a tudor and I think it's a rep.... Would like certainty among the experts before I message the seller about it and get a refund.

It doesn't have the brushed look to it which is throwing me off. While I have only heard (never seen) that Rolex made non-brushed silver datewheels on a 1675, I have never heard nor seen a Tudor with it either.

The font is bold and actually is fairly spot on which is throwing me off.

He said it came off of his 7021 which had the ETA 2484. He DID say he "had it installed as a NOS part" which makes sense as 7021's come with roulette wheels.

Here's a pic of a gen (the only pic I can actually find of an entire Tudor date wheel), but it's on a ETA 2873. Could be a different DW that came on the ETA 2484?

3683_3.jpg

Here's what I got...

P1020101_zps65ab870d.jpg

P1020103_zpsb96036ca.jpg

P1020106_zpsa5f9d02f.jpg

P1020109_zps3cf80ec0.jpg

P1020114_zps236d9926.jpg

Thanks for the help

The seller just told me he bought it from being bob ridley.. Haha. Well, I guess I don't have to worry about it being a rep.

Never mind my paranoid thread... Move along. :)

But I am stoked to find a genuine silver date wheel going on a genuine Tudor movement! Pretty much a guarantee that I don't have to deal with alignment issues. Sweeeeeet.

You're correct. It doesn't come with the 7021. He had it installed as a NOS part.

He was selling it because he found the correct roulette datewheel for his watch.

Gotcha. What I can tell you is that ETA did make a silver date disc though it is non-brushed. I purchased a bunch of date disc's for various ETA calibres a few months ago as they had listed in the offering a 2784 date disc. When I got it, I was quite surprised to see that it was silver and not white. Not brushed like I"ve seen but very similar to the painted silver as found in my 16800 Sub. Fonts are very similar though slightly different.