When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Find your rep Panerai

markiemark

As I don't have funds to support the community, I would like to do this in an other way. How about if I would build a platform where you can search for your Panerai. The Panerai that has your requirements and all. I'm not talking about a simple search bar, no I'm talking about a website (hooked to a database) where you can filter by attribute. For example: you're looking for a Panerai that is all brushed, and it needs to have a chronograph. You select those attributes, and voila all Panerais meeting your needs will show up.

Here's a list of filterable attributes I made this morning on the train:

Type

Luminor

Radiomir

Submersible

Size

44mm

46mm

47mm

Dial

Sandwich

Sausage

California

Case

Brushed 

Polished 

Titanium 

PVD

Bezel

Brushed 

Polished 

Titanium 

PVD

Crown(guard)

Brushed 

Polished 

Titanium 

PVD

Movement

ST19

28xx

Other(asian)

Functions (including faux)

Chronograph

Power reserve

Date

Magnified date

None

GMT

Sub-seconds

Rattrapante

The point of having this is that we quickly can find the rep we want!

What do you guys think? 

Would this be helpful? 

Any ideas/tips or other attributes?

That would indeed be very helpful, and maybe it can be done with APs, Rollies and Hub?
I wouldn't mind at all helping with this project, although i know nothing of programming websites...

That would indeed be very helpful, and maybe it can be done with APs, Rollies and Hub?

I wouldn't mind at all helping with this project, although i know nothing of programming websites...

Yes maybe those too! But for now there isn't much embracing...

Well maybe I need a few people who can help me out with the content :)

That's a bloody great idea mate, kudos to you for putting the work in too  :inverted:  (how long was that train journey!)

Have you seen the thread ALE did on RwI ?

Click if you haven't mate, not 100% sure if you can search it too........  

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=7384788ce4aeab830f00b905bbcc0552&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rwgforum.net%2Ftopic%2F158312-super-reps-for-2013%2F%3Fhl%3Dsuper&v=1&libId=8976c56d-3d3a-4765-aa4b-2ea93965ef5c&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.replica-watch.info%2Fvb%2Fshowthread.php%2Freference-pam-review-107365.html&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rwgforum.net%2Ftopic%2F158312-super-reps-for-2013%2Fpage-3%3Fhl%3Dsuper&title=Super%20Reps%20for%202013%20-%20General%20Discussion%20-%20RWG%20Forum&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.replica-w...iew-107365.html&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13674192928188

I spend 4 hours in the train per day haha! 

Yes I have seen it, but see it as an online shop where you can filter a pair of jeans you're looking for: width, length, color, material etc...

But then for watches :D

I designed this (product filter for headphones) last week for a customer, so something like this: 

filteru.jpg

Edited by markiemark

I for one think it's a great idea but would be a lot of work wouldn't it to keep it updated? Apologies I'm not that up to speed with tech stuff   :inverted: would be great for Pam noobs like me searching for a specific type!

That example looks easy to use too ;)  

I for one think it's a great idea but would be a lot of work wouldn't it to keep it updated? Apologies I'm not that up to speed with tech stuff :inverted: would be great for Pam noobs like me searching for a specific type!

That example looks easy to use too ;)

Keeping it up to date won't be a problem. It's not like there are 12 new pams coming out every day!

I think I'll only add the newest version of every watch, it's up to the buyer to figure out wether he wants a v1 or a v3...

And yes this is very easy to use! I'll start with panerai first as a test pilot (if there is enough people who are excited enough who want it. I'm not gonna spend months on something nobody wants). Then if it's a great success I'll add more brands.

would be cool if the database also had links to reviews of the watch (gen and rep reviews) - if you included a breakdown of the different rep versions you could also have a classification of the grade of replica that it is (ie: low grade, high grade, super rep) -- 

so if someone just wants to see super-reps they can use the tool to narrow it down 

would be cool if the database also had links to reviews of the watch (gen and rep reviews) - if you included a breakdown of the different rep versions you could also have a classification of the grade of replica that it is (ie: low grade, high grade, super rep) -- 

so if someone just wants to see super-reps they can use the tool to narrow it down 

the grade classification would be possible as well.

But I don't think I will do this project after all, this thread has 100 views and only 2 or 3 interested people!!!  

I thought I was dealing with watch lovers here...

the grade classification would be possible as well.

But I don't think I will do this project after all, this thread has 100 views and only 2 or 3 interested people!!!  

I thought I was dealing with watch lovers here...

That's the same frustration The Zigmeister used to have.......

But a brilliant idea! I understand what you mean....spending all those hours for the consumption of a few! Only a hobbyist could do it......koz enjoyment of doing it gives them the high...and pleasure is an added bonus if it benefits just a few!

That's the same frustration The Zigmeister used to have.......

But a brilliant idea! I understand what you mean....spending all those hours for the consumption of a few! Only a hobbyist could do it......koz enjoyment of doing it gives them the high...and pleasure is an added bonus if it benefits just a few!

Maybe you're right. I guess I want too much. This weekend I'll make an estimation for myself, and who knows...

Thanks for the encouragement :)

Maybe we can build this together... i want to learn how to code on Google app engine.. we can get this up on there quick

Program it in java which I already know

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Hey Ricardo...off topic, what do you think of the Asus TF700T? Thoughts?

I just ordered a TF201 Refurbished....they're giving it away at Amazon secondary store!

Thanks!

Maybe we can build this together... i want to learn how to code on Google app engine.. we can get this up on there quick

Program it in java which I already know

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Sorry, but I want to use something more e-commerce related and PHP

• 2 weeks later...