When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

/

RWG Technical

I have never been one to do half-jobs or get into something if I could not do it 100% right. Hence my reluctance for lug hole drilling... I was only interested if I could do it the right way - not half ass.

I have been researching and thinking about what was needed for successful lug hole drilling for a long time, and the post from Bill was what I needed to get my butt in gear and do it.

So I have done it, I have a drill press and the required Cobalt Gold drills, cutting oil, etc, tested it today, and it works perfect...

This is a service that I will add to my capabilities list...given the time it takes (I am going to disassemble the watch before clamping it in the vise), and the polishing needed at the end to finish the job, I am going to charge $80 per case if done stand alone, if done with other work requiring disassembly (i.e. lume, servicing etc) the price will be $60.

Thanks Bill, I'll add a bit of extra lume on your watches for shaming me into this :)

RG

does that mean you could redrill the holes on my pam 50 cause the screw is stripped and perminantly in there?

does that mean you could redrill the holes on my pam 50 cause the screw is stripped and perminantly in there?

Normally I don't redrill these holes, but remove the screw, put some structural epoxy in the hole, re-insert the screw, and 9 times out of 10, you end up with usable threads if your gentle with installation and removal...

@ubiquious,

I was hoping to practice on yours... :)

RG

Just use River's spring bars, I have to say that they are really very good :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have been researching and thinking about what was needed for successful lug hole drilling for a long time, and the post from Bill was what I needed to get my butt in gear and do it.

This is a service that I will add to my capabilities list...given the time it takes (I am going to disassemble the watch before clamping it in the vise), and the polishing needed at the end to finish the job, I am going to charge $80 per case if done stand alone, if done with other work requiring disassembly (i.e. lume, servicing etc) the price will be $60.

Thanks Bill, I'll add a bit of extra lume on your watches for shaming me into this :)

RG

$80 . . . I wouldn't do it for twice that. In fact, I probably won't do it myself on the watches I am sending you for lume.

I am looking forward to having some SL'd MBWs - that will suit me perfectly. Now, if I could just find a sapphire replacement crystal for these plexi things that would still look right. I wonder if anyone makes them?

Bill