When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Phong 6538

cc33

@ auxair,  I have a 6536/1 with the same 1030 movement.  When I wear it, I set the time and give it a shake to get it running, then forget about it.  It winds and runs all day.  By the evening it has plenty of reserve to run all night.  If I don't wear it the next day, then it probably won't still be running the 2nd day after I set it down.

If you can use yours like this (without manually winding it) then I'd say you're just fine. 

Thanks cc33 for your kind sharing.

To mil04 and Nanuq, no such luck for my watch even after a mainspring change (CLARK for 1030). Need to manual wind it 20 revolutions every day. All the more vexing is that both Mr Phong and my own watchmaker are unable to identify or rectify the problem - they insisted that the movement is doing perfect. Who am I to argue with them!!

Edited by auxair

Aside from the aged feel of the Minh case, which one did you feel was more true to a 6538?

They are almost identical. I would in retrospect be happy with either, I guess there's something about phong's finish that I like but really they are very similar and with the right parts are both equally convincing

Very kind of you, panerai153. I must echo cc's view that I am very pleased as well with Mr Phong's good products and excellent communication. The gilt/shiny hands issue is just a matter of personal preference. Particularly glad and honoured to have met him in person in Shenzhen, while we all know he is based in US.