When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It's been a while!

andreww

I wouldn't say my watch addiction is over, I just haven't seen anything of late that has turned my crank. However, there is one rep that has been calling my name enough to make me finally pull the trigger. Not exactly a watch though! Can't wait for this beauty to arrive. Here's my QC pics...

DSC04917_zps4ad6aa32.jpg

DSC04923_zps332b3c70.jpg

DSC04920_zps4d10a0bd.jpg

DSC04919_zps3eac6d28.jpg

Hey Andrew long time no see, good to have you back.

I remember another member (Submariner 04?) bought a rep guitar many years ago and he was very happy with what he got, I hope it is everything you are looking for.

Ken

Hey Ken, I've always been around, just haven't been posting much lately. As for the guitar, 90% of what you see in any music store comes out of one of a handful of plants in China. So I would expect that these guitars are pretty much on par with those guitars and it is very likely they came out of one of those plants as well. Guitar construction isn't rocket science, and the actual construction of a cheap guitar and an expensive guitar is often quite similar. Where they differ is in the types of wood used. Expensive guitars will use a solid piece of African Mahogany with a half inch, 2 piece maple cap. A chinese guitar will have a 3 of 4 piece basswood or alder body, with a multiple pieced maple cap that is covered with a very this veneer to provide a decent looking finishing surface. Does all this affect the sound? Debatable. But its the difference between owning a Timex or a Rolex. Both tell time effectively, one is just crafted a lot more finely.