When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ti po

scotty

So my Ti po arrived! Thoughts out the box? Cheap cheap cheap!
Thoughts a few hours later? Very nice!!
Why the difference? Totally unused to the feel of Ti.

Dial is superb! This thing is LIGHT and thats what threw me.

Only issue is I can't decide if the hands are angled up at the tips (so not horizontal to dial), or if it is
crystal distortion! Will keep looking

I am really growing to like this thing. The blue initially looked dull (well the bezel) but when light hits it all changes.

AR good and lume more than adequate (shade less intense than gen but the 2 tone is nice and distracting...!)

Couple of quick wristies and a pic alongside my faithful gen!

post-3909-0-74371700-1367939245_thumb.jppost-3909-0-86305200-1367939319_thumb.jp
post-3909-0-22363500-1367939342_thumb.jp

Guest khashayar

Congrats man. If you've read my review, you've seen that the weight of the Ti is weird in the beginning.

But you'll get used to it!

Hi - yes saw your review (maybe even posted there) and your pics etc were excellent.

8 hours later am totally used to it.

The colour is also very different to SS. Somewhat dull and technical looking, and actually it fits nicely with the blue!

Guest khashayar

Yeah I agree. But it is as you say - the dull colour of the metal actually fits well with the blue.

On another topic - have you had any problems with your clasp mechanism on the bracelet? Mine is really bad and unlocks way too easily. One time the watch almost fell to the ground.

Trusty has already sent me a new clasp so no problem there, but I just wanted to see how you experience it.

Crown is fine. Small gap between end link and case on one side. No simple fix i think but may try changing springbars.

Only thing I can see is the possibility the hands aren't parallel to dial, but raised from centre out. This could be the crystal but I'm buggered I'm going to take it to bits to find out

I've had mine a week and loving it too - darker shade of ti bracelet makes it look more stealthy  and matches my skin tone better than steel. I've had Ti watches before so wasn't thrown by the weight. When mine arrived the extension mechanism wasn't quite seated properly in the clasp, meaning I couldn't get the clasp to sight right and close tight. I reseated it and have had no problems since then. Also engraving on the clasp is nice and deep, unlike on my steel 45mm UPO.

@Doublewristed : I agree a 42mm Ti Po would be a very fine thing, but there's no gen 42 and no rep 42 either!

Guest khashayar

I've had mine a week and loving it too - darker shade of ti bracelet makes it look more stealthy and matches my skin tone better than steel. I've had Ti watches before so wasn't thrown by the weight. When mine arrived the extension mechanism wasn't quite seated properly in the clasp, meaning I couldn't get the clasp to sight right and close tight. I reseated it and have had no problems since then. Also engraving on the clasp is nice and deep, unlike on my steel 45mm UPO.

@Doublewristed : I agree a 42mm Ti Po would be a very fine thing, but there's no gen 42 and no rep 42 either!

Actually Omega announced a 42 mm Ti PO a couple of weeks ago:

http://m.omegawatches.com/index.html?section=new_watches_detail&gender=gents&wuid=3408&lang=en&guid=ON

Day 2. Came home and it was still ticking. So some power reserve! I was wondering as the rotor doesn't swing completely freely.

I continue to be intrigued on the hands and am convinced now they are angled up from centre out. Wondering if I dare crack it open and try to flatten them??

Speaking of this. To open the caseback? Same tools as per UPO? And any necessary precautions fot Ti comparwd to SD??

Oh Man. You just made my day. I'm hoping they rep it soon!

Hope to see a Gen next time I am in Geneva.

N

I already have  PO ss chrono on order from Andrew but I did take a long hard look at the ti with see through back (top of the line ) and I am sure I will buy it . These are beautiful watches and ok about as close to gen. that I have seen. Congratulations and enjoy .

So i had a bad fitting end link. Popped it off and saw the springbarvwas laughable!! Way too short and skinny. Beefier one now one, bracelet cleaned and oiled. Job done!

BUT now waiting to see NOOB offering. Don't read they are doing the Ti version but we'll see!!

This may be a noob question however I had read about old and used movements being used in reps and so emailed Andrew to help put my mind at ease prior to ordering. He assured me that the movement is indeed a new ETA. So my question is, what are the odds of the movement being new? Just for info, it's the Pumpkin 45mm PO that's advertised on his homepage. I haven't received the watch yet so can't inspect it however I thought I should take the opportunity to pick the brains of those more in-the-know.

Edited by B3nj4min3

If it's not available as a SW200 (sellita), then chances are the ETA is an old lady painted on with lipstick and rouge to look 20!

I guess to be very sure, you should buy an ETA yourself and get it fitted

That makes sense. Would a service suffice in returning the movement to a somewhat reliable condition for at least 4-5 years?

That makes sense. Would a service suffice in returning the movement to a somewhat reliable condition for at least 4-5 years?

Likely it would, however depending on your wallet, it might make more sense to get an Asian clone and get it serviced. The difference in price will pay for a service. In the last year the difference in price of Swiss vs Asian has to e up hugely.

I don't trust the dealers in that regard. I've been told recently that all the Swiss eta movements are old and dirty at the very least. The one in my Ti PO also was a mish mash of parts. He recommends always getting the Asian eta clone movement since they are always new.

Likely it would, however depending on your wallet, it might make more sense to get an Asian clone and get it serviced. The difference in price will pay for a service. In the last year the difference in price of Swiss vs Asian has to e up hugely.

That makes sense. Would it be possible to have the rotor taken from the old ETA and substituted for the rotor in the clone movement?

I don't trust the dealers in that regard. I've been told recently that all the Swiss eta movements are old and dirty at the very least. The one in my Ti PO also was a mish mash of parts. He recommends always getting the Asian eta clone movement since they are always new.

Hmm, interesting. It's a shame that new ETA movements are getting hard/pricey to source however if the Sellita and Asian clones are of comparable quality at a lower cost then that'll be the plan of action for me.

Time to get this watch over to Rolexman so he can work his magic.