When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Celebs and their watches

alterego

Che Guevara wore a Rolex GMT. Both in very opposite ideological stands wore the this horological icons. I was reading some reports on the watch Guevara wore at the time of his death and it seems this  in  his captor's hands, who took it from Guevara's wrist after he was executed in Bolivia in 1967.

Fact or myth ?

As far as I am aware, Castro and his people "liberated" Rolex's entire Cuban stock at the time of the revolution. It's not like he bought his watch at Sak's in NYC.

At the time, Rolex was known for its rugged dependability .. not bling-bling

Yes, Che wore a Rolex GMT that was taken off his wrist by the CIA agent. A death souvenir earned by the guy who brought the end to a life of murderous bastard. I always found it amusing , in a twisted way that Che was physician who took the

Hippocratic oath to save human life at all cost.

His image is the most famous, most reproduced

likeness in history, yet he was responsible for the death, torture and imprisonment of tens of thousands of innocents . Fu*k him and his watches. Che Guevera was a disgrace and evil

SOB.

This is great information on Castro's and Guevara's rolexes. Thank you for sharing. Aledgedly world knowledge duplicates every 57 days. In this case my knowledge on the matter is about 10 times more than before reading the information from the link you shared.