When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

rolex submariner bezel alignement

replicajl

Hello to all of you,

this is my first post here.

I'm in the process of buying a submariner ceramic replica black, but the vendor just sent me photos, and the bezel seems to be a little out of alignement.

I ve asked him if it was possible to correct it, he s reponding me no.

What do you think about that?

Regards.

post-53952-0-29222400-1368296309_thumb.j

Welcome to the forums, it looks like its just a click out, and to correct, you simply rotate the bezel to the correct position when you get the watch.  If its still of by its click, then its a simple case of removing the bezel, then insert, refit bezel, and finally refit insert, aligning it @12 in the process.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Thank you for your answer SSTEEL,

If I have to refit the insert on the bezel, since this is a ceramic model, isn t the insert glued to the bezel?

Yes it's glued and if you dont have the right tools to get the bezel off then it can be tricky. Also if your not used to work with watches then you be better of letting someone ells do it.

And i think that insert is off, if you rotate the bezel by one click back then it will ve still off. I think you need that insert to be refited.

Thank you for the answer,

there is no way I could do it myself if it is glued, and there is also the problem the insert could crack when bend.

I ve resend an email to the vendor to ask him to do something on it, because it is not sent yet.

Regards.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Thank you for the answer,

there is no way I could do it myself if it is glued, and there is also the problem the insert could crack when bend.

I ve resend an email to the vendor to ask him to do something on it, because it is not sent yet.

Regards.

Good and wize ;)

thank you for your answers,

I m very embarrassed, because the vendor resend me photos of another watch but this time there seems to be  problems on the paintings of the bezel.

The bezel would be better aligned but the precedent one looked much more cleaner.

I'm not a maniac, but...

post-53952-0-39849900-1368358807_thumb.j

yes, but that is not just that, the 20 and 30 and the 4 of the 40 look like they were repainted or something, the lines look very rough on the new one, much much cleaner on the first one.

I'm embarassed because I would take the first he showed me if not the misalignement; on the second the alignement would satisfy me - not perfect, but clearly acceptable- but the bezel paintings looks off.

I'd say you have quite a keen eye. That's a good thing. However, in the rep world if you want to iron out these (some say) minor imperfections you have to spend $$$. Sometimes not huge amounts but the bottom line is, if you want near perfection then get your wallet out, oh, and do your research, that's part of the fun! If you think you'll get near perfection for a couple of hundred bucks then you're going to be sorely disappointed.

No problem, I understand that.

Sometimes it is hard to have a keen eye ;)

I'm wondering if I should not take the first one because the bezel looks better.

If I understand to readjust the bezel, if it is glued, would it be ok to heat it with an hair dryer, then the glue would get loose and I could gently turn it a little? Without removing anything?

I ve red a post from someone who used a soldering iron, but wouldn t that damage the bezel?

Thank you for your tips.

• 6 months later...