When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Confused dealer!

Moffey

So I was about to push the button on a 45mm ceramic pumpkin PO from Andrew and as a precaution I mailed him to ensure that his stock did not have the "Liquid Metal" stamp on the case back. His response came as a bit of a shock to be honest. He sent me QC pics of his stock (which unfortunately DID have "Liquid Metal" on them) I questioned this as he had previously stated that the new batches had been rectified. To which he replied that he had no idea that it should not be there and that I should check a gen. As this is a well documented fault I was amazed he was claiming not to know of it (especially given his earlier email stating it had been removed). I sent him an image of the gen and he said he would question it with the factory! This got me nervous and I've held off ordering.

Does anyone know of any dealers selling this watch without "Liquid Metal" and with double AR?

118_zps794a2fb2.jpg

is a pic of my incoming 42 Ceramic from Andrew, as you can so no "Liquid Metal" stamping/engraving there, so i would hope the newer batch of 45s would not have it, but as they are almost certainly from different sources (at least thats what it seemed like from the first batch with the 45 lacking or having horrible AR while the 42 had "quite possibly the best AR ive seen on a rep" (according to the 42 and 45 rep vs gen thread) i cant be sure, hopefully somebody with a new Ceramic 45 can chime in.

and some dealers said the AR on the 45 has improved, but again, not 100% sure (on if its any good yet or not).

PS - all dealers usually get the reps from the same factory, so essentially if an improved Ceramic 45 is out there without the "liquid metal" stamping/engraving and double sided AR, any dealer should be able to get it for you.

The new 45mm does indeed lose the LM engraving, and its only the Ti 45mm that still has it as per gen.

Sounds to me that the email reply you got was not from Andrew himself, but a helper.

Yes I'd agree answer wasn't from Andrew and just trying to fob you off in case you weren't sure of your info mate :partytime:  I'm always glad I have this board to help me at times like this !  

No more liquid metal stamp on the PO - Done I'm on it, kind of want to order an Aqua Terra with it though! I guess the real question is, do I have the patience to wait for the AT reps... for which I have a totally hetero boner for ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a picture of the rear of my PO 45mm that I ordered from Andrew a few days ago.

It doesn't seem to have liquid metal on the rear of the case so I guess it must be the new batch.

post-54684-0-85924800-1369859097_thumb.j

So I was about to push the button on a 45mm ceramic pumpkin PO from Andrew and as a precaution I mailed him to ensure that his stock did not have the "Liquid Metal" stamp on the case back. His response came as a bit of a shock to be honest. He sent me QC pics of his stock (which unfortunately DID have "Liquid Metal" on them) I questioned this as he had previously stated that the new batches had been rectified. To which he replied that he had no idea that it should not be there and that I should check a gen. As this is a well documented fault I was amazed he was claiming not to know of it (especially given his earlier email stating it had been removed). I sent him an image of the gen and he said he would question it with the factory! This got me nervous and I've held off ordering.

Does anyone know of any dealers selling this watch without "Liquid Metal" and with double AR?

I just bought the seamaster professional PO SS CHRONO FROM ANDREW AND IT'S perfect, no where on it does it say liquid metal.